How To Use Seafoam To Clean Your Engine

(sssh)
newbie question.. what's a seafoam look like? can anyone post a photo? i had back read all 13 pages.. looking for a step by step procedure with photos, i would like to do this too on my 93' 626 FS engine with no vics with 134thousand kms .. im a liitle bit confuse while im reading other's procedures

Here you go! seafoam!
DSCN4.jpg

Seafoam is good stuff use it alot here in hawaii takes out alot of the moisture in the gas tank and I also use it in the vaccum lines to clean the upper part of motor up just smokes alot for about a week but other than it works wonder's

The brake booster hose has an internal check valve. Having Seafoam go thru It with damage the check valve internal diaphragm. It is better to disconnect the brake booster hose from the intake manifold and attach another hose.

Great thread! I wish I had found it BEFORE I had a new EGR put in. (I threw a CEL with a 401 while on the highway, stalled out, coughing and sputtering and wasn't sure what the deal was, so had it towed to a shop.) Then found this forum I started reading here.

Last week I added one can of seafoam to my gas tank and drove about 300 miles. I noticed an immediate improvement to acceleration and idle.
This past weekend, I added 8oz (half can) through the brake booster vacuum line (while having my fifteen year old daughter keeping it idling ;-) ).
I didn't let it stall out, but rather, had her turn the ignition off once all the seafoam was pulled in. Let it sit for five, started it up and blew it out.
The cops showed up LOL, my daughter has it on video, I'll try to post it later.

Next, took it for a drive up to AutoZone to get some TB cleaner and some MAF sensor cleaner. Less than 5 miles round trip and no white smoke by the time I returned.

Disconnected the battery, took of the air cleaner box and intake hose. Cleaned the MAF sensor.
Cleaned out the throttle body, getting the back side of the butterfly really well with a rag soaked with TB cleaner.
Then put it all back together replaced the air filter, and added the last 8oz of Seafoam to the crankcase.
Started it up and let it idle for five.
Drove up to get an oil change (I am not equipped to do that myself, nor do I have the desire, although that may change if I can find a convenient place to take and dispose of the waste oil)
Once the oil change was done, I added a can of restore to the crankcase.

The car drives like it is brand new. The acceleration is completely predictable and very responsive.

Now for a question: Any issues using the Brake Booster line to do this on my 2006 Tribute? I would like to do the same process.

Thanks in advance

Can someone please post of picture of this "restore" or, post its complete name or manufacturer's homepage or name. "Restore" is such a strange name for a car product.

I put seafoam in my protege5, I eyeballed each portion no actual measurements. I pored 1/3 into the gas tank first, then 1/3 into the crankcase. Then I started it and poured 1/3 into the brake booster line. Then I shut it off waited 10 minutes and drove it. I didn't see any smoke (but then again it was dark). Did I do this properly or should I redo it?

Back