How To Use Seafoam To Clean Your Engine

We tried the whole gas thing. And as far as it sparking, we took it out of the engine and touched it against the outside of the engine and saw no spark

DeadGeneration said:
We tried the whole gas thing. And as far as it sparking, we took it out of the engine and touched it against the outside of the engine and saw no spark

If it ran before you did the seafoam with the other plugs then I would rule that out unless thier fouled pretty bad. Have you checked your coil pack connections? fuses?(I doubt this maybe it but you never know and can't hurt to check. I would check your ingition fuse, again I don't know if this would effect anything.)

Well... lets just say one of the wires came apart in my hands. I know the wires and plugs that were in there are very bad and need replacing anyway. I'm just wondering if using the seafoam and trying to start the car finally put them "overboard" and made them stop working, or the plugs and wires are just something i'm noticing and I haven't really found the problem. So when I finally get the plugs and wires in, if it doesn't spark than i'm still in trouble.

Also. I stuck a lighter down in the cylinder and cleared out any gas, so the engine is clear, I am pretty sure it would start if I could get a spark.

The new plugs and wires and still no spark. Going to electric test the whole engine bay when I get off work tonight. Fun fun fun

supa saiyan pr5 said:
I had the same problem and it turned out to be a fuse...one of the main fuses located in the fuse box next to the battery...

Jeremy

Generally when something was working one min and not the next its a fuse. Which is why I've told DeadGen to check his fuses multiple times.

I learned the hard way...I always check the fuses when something is wrong...as long as its getting the power, I can move on to the next test(step)

Jeremy

We checked the fuses and they are all ok. We tested all the electrical and found that the distrubtor broke. Theory is: Distributor was already going out the door, and we just tipped it over the edge by trying to start the car with seafoam. This is my friends 1993 Toyota Camry btw, he knows nothing about cars and I told him I would look at it. We changed the radiator fluid, fixed his tail pipe which needed to be heated, remolded, and sanded. Than we checked tire pressure, cleaned the engine bay, and finally went to seafoam. After seafoam planning on changing oil. In the mean time i've discovered a completely oblitterated and patched up air intake, which luckily doesn't have a MAF it has a separate O2 sensor which has remained out of the way of the ****** up intake or seafoam. I found a broken vacuum line which I patched together. Anyway, we need a new distributor now which we're going to get. Also we replaced the spark plugs and wires which were also ****** up. This car is getting a complete mechanical and electrical run down. Its amazing how cars can run on barely working things and this stuff would have eventually broken down on the side of the road and cost alot more money, but were fixing things and breaking and replacing things before they do it at a critical time of need. So anyway, looking for a used distributor tomorrow and picking up another ignition rotor. <3 real mechanics

DeadGeneration said:
We checked the fuses and they are all ok. We tested all the electrical and found that the distrubtor broke. Theory is: Distributor was already going out the door, and we just tipped it over the edge by trying to start the car with seafoam. This is my friends 1993 Toyota Camry btw, he knows nothing about cars and I told him I would look at it. We changed the radiator fluid, fixed his tail pipe which needed to be heated, remolded, and sanded. Than we checked tire pressure, cleaned the engine bay, and finally went to seafoam. After seafoam planning on changing oil. In the mean time i've discovered a completely oblitterated and patched up air intake, which luckily doesn't have a MAF it has a separate O2 sensor which has remained out of the way of the ****** up intake or seafoam. I found a broken vacuum line which I patched together. Anyway, we need a new distributor now which we're going to get. Also we replaced the spark plugs and wires which were also ****** up. This car is getting a complete mechanical and electrical run down. Its amazing how cars can run on barely working things and this stuff would have eventually broken down on the side of the road and cost alot more money, but were fixing things and breaking and replacing things before they do it at a critical time of need. So anyway, looking for a used distributor tomorrow and picking up another ignition rotor. <3 real mechanics

Quick question for you man. WTH are you talking about? Coil packs maybe? "Distributor" (you must be thinking of something else because we don't have Distributors in our cars).

Its a 1993 Toyota Camry, says so many a times. I'm working on my friends car. That's what you get for scanning when you read lol. The coils are fine btw.

DeadGeneration said:
Its a 1993 Toyota Camry, says so many a times. I'm working on my friends car. That's what you get for scanning when you read lol. The coils are fine btw.

lol I forgot about that little factor!

Yea. Ordering the new distributor online because the other ones we can get ahold of are more expensive and used. Getting new one on ebay for about $100.

amsgator said:
did u have to change ur oil twice? someone told me the first new oil u put it in will turn black immediately from everything the seafoam got off that the old oil left behind. so u then need to change that oil for new fresh oil and ur good to go. ?

anyone confirmed this?

How Many Mechanics Use SEA FOAM In Tune-Up of 4 Cycle Gasoline Carbureted or Fuel Injected Engines
Autos, Trucks, and Tractors
  1. <LI class=plain>With engine warm, slowly pour 1/3 to 1/2 pint through carburetor or throttle body throat. (If vehicle is port injected slowly pour SEA FOAM through direct manifold vacuum line that will feed all cylinders, possible sources are P.C.V. valve or brake booster line.) This will pull SEA FOAM down on top of the pistons and to the back of the intake valves to dissolve carbon. Turn ignition off. Restart engine after 5 minutes. If severe carbon build up is apparent, use more Sea Foam as previously directed. Make sure exhaust is well ventilated when using Sea Foam in these various ways as fumes will be extreme for a short time. <LI class=plain>Pour 1/3 to 1/2 pint into oil crank case to clean rings, lifters, dirty parts and remove moisture. <LI class=plain>Pour 1/3 to 1 full pint into fuel tank to clean injectors, carburetor jets, fuel lines and remove moisture.
  2. Immediate Results: Smoother idle, increased R.P.M.'s better throttle response and improved performance. See label on can for detailed results for use in each area.
FUEL TANK, CARBURETOR, INJECTION and OIL CRANKCASE.
For Peak Performance, Use SEA FOAM Every 2,000 to 5,000 Miles
  • A 100% pure petroleum product for use in all gasoline and diesel type engines, both 2 and 4 cycle. OXYGEN SENSOR SAFE.
  • Cleans dirty engine parts internally by removing harmful gums, varnish and carbon. WORKS AND PERFORMS INSTANTLY.
  • Removes moisture from oil crankcases and fuel tanks.
  • Stabilizes and conditions fuels. Use for engine storage.
  • Cure hesitations, stalls, pings and rough idle due to carbon buildup.
  • Helps pass emissions test. EPA Registered.
When Used Thru Injection or Carburetor
  • Cleans carbon build up
  • Cleans intake valves and pistons
  • Gives smoother idle
  • Cleans catalytic converter odors
  • Cures hesitations and pings
  • Restores power and pickup
  • With warm engine running, SLOWLY poor 1/2 pint through carburator, throttle body or direct manifold vacuum line that will feed ALL CYLINDERS. Possible sources are P.C.V. valve or brake booster line. Turn ignition off. Restart engine after 5 minutes. Be sure exhaust is well ventilated. Fumes will be extreme for a short period of time.
  • For use in injector cleaning machines, use 50% SEA FOAM and 50% fuel.
  • Fill diesel filters with SEA FOAM to clean injectors fast.
When Added to Crankcase (Oil)

1. Frees sticky lifters and rings
  2. Increases R.P.M.'s vacuum and compression
  3. Cleans dirty parts
  4. Removes moisture
  5. Cleans PCV valve systems
One pint treats 10 quarts of oil (avg. 1 1/2 ounce per quart).

When Added to Fuel Tank
  • Cleans fuel injectors and carburetor jets
  • Cleans carbon as you drive
  • Lubricates upper cylinders
  • De-ices and removes moisture
  • Diesel full conditioner and anti gel
  • Stabilizes fuel
One pint treats 8-25 gallons of fuel (average 1 ounce per gallon).

In Injector Cleaning Machines

Add a 50/50 blend of fuel and SEA FOAM into injector cleaning machine. Run directly through the fuel rails to clean injectors fast. Add SEA FOAM to your fuel tank to clean injectors as you drive.

Back