Locked Your Keys In Your Car??

zoomzoom02

:
Protege ES
*This only works if you have keyless entry*
Say that you accidently locked your keys in your car. Your spouse has the spare set at home.

You have a few options:
1. Spend hours trying to open your car with a hangar and end up scratching the heck out of your windows
2. Pay someone to open your car
3. Tell her to come all the way across town to give you your keys
4. Call her, and she can unlock it at home

Now by "4" what I mean is you call her, and stand next to your car. She holds your extra set next to the mouthpiece on her phone, and you put your earpiece next to your car (even better if you have speakerphone). She hits unlock on the extra set...BAM your car opens.

Try it if you don't believe me, I did it today with perfect results. Just thought I would share this very valuable knowledge.

yeah i've read this somewhere before. it only works with certain types of keyless entry. dunno how it works

all key fobs operate at frequencies between 300 and 500 MHz,
while all mobile phones, by law, operate at 800 MHz and higher.

It's false.

^^ agreed, tried it with 2 fords, 1 mazda, a cadillac and a toyota suv, on 3 diff types of phones (overkill??? yup) anyway results = 0 cars unlocked

I don't know, it worked with my car, I will have to try from further away. I tried it out of range of the remote, and it worked; But I will have to get much further away and see if it works.

EDIT: Did some research and found this site, http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/keyless.asp, but I don't know why it worked for me. Maybe it was a freak accident.

Last edited:
when I saw this (by email) of course I decide to try...

no sucess, no open door. Maybe works with some kind of keyless entry system...

i have a cingular cell phone, so i'd be lucky if i could even get reception let alone the right frequency

Perhaps you need to be talking at the time? Otherwise the phone will mute the line.

For those who got it to work, what phone did you use on the sending end? Standard Touch-Tone? Wireless Touch-Tone? Cell Phone?

We tried it with a bunch of different cars and different phones. It doesn't work.

Phones transmit audio. keyless entry uses radio waves or infa-red (older jeeps and stuff). If you can get a tiny speaker on a cell phone to replicate either of these I'd be impressed.

You mean double thread. That's is why I was confused. This is a double post.

Back