Cingular - Class Action Lawsuit Info

pfive

:
2002 Protege5
Does anyone know of a class action lawsuits against Cingular (Cinguless) for dropped calls outside of CA and WA?

I am cancelling with them and refuse to pay the termination fees because of countless dropped calls.

Is anyone interested in getting on board with this?(ughdance)

Hmm... I have read that they have the fewest dropped calls.

But that doesn't account for bad equipment or malfunctioning phones.

I have Cingular and work for Verizon Wireless, and... cingular has treated me best thus far.

wow - i have to make 10 calls sometimes to have a conversation. My wife and i have given up calling each other because it never works.

I've never had a dropped call. Where in New York?

I do have an issue very often where my phone gets on some weird tower and only allows emergency calls but I shouldn't complain, I have an unlocked phone that isn't meant to be used in the U.S. (GSM 900/1800/1900, no 850 like Cingular uses in some places in the U.S.).

westchester/putnam county ny...
i've been with verizon and nextel and have never had such terrible service as i have from cingular...and im paying alot of money for it. this shall end.

i don't know...my last motorola v400 was spotty at best, and now i have the smt-5600 and it's pretty decent...i only ever drop call in valley forge national park, and that's understandable.....too bad i have to drive through it twice a day.

this is a constant thing, even when all my bars are there....
ive complained to them several times and each time is a new excuse.

i never had any dropped calls with my cingular phone. i took it all over texas and from detroit down to houston through chicago, st louis and every small town in between and never dropped calls when i was using it. in fact. i never dropped a call in india or amsterdam either. maybe your phones aren't that great. which exact phone do y'all use?

i'm guessing in your contract it says something about "not responsible for lost calls", so a lawsuit is probably out

i've had cingular through a few buyouts now and when i had my motorola phones (V60 and MPx200) service was just OK. i've had 2 nokia phones, which is what i have now, and service is much better. i plan to stick with nokia. make sure you get the 850 band though no matter what phone you get, my MPx200 didn't have it and reception wasn't great even in NYC

What are the grounds for your suit? They're providing you a service, not a utility. There is no guarantee of 100% availability with consumer grade services. Did you experience any sort of hardship due to your dropped calls?

The only people who win in situations like this are lawyers. Thanks for reinforcing the litigous american steriotype.

Die in a fire

ill have to look at up...but i am still not paying them the cancellation fees...the service suck and its costing me an arm and a leg.

cingular can suck it. I drop at least one call a day, and when my girlfriend(also has cingular) calls me she drops the call at least once per conversation. I've got the SLVR phone, which btw is a piece of s***. Itunes doesn't work anymore, plus the software is extremely buggy. This phone sometimes will take about 10 seconds just to get to my phone book, if it doesn't freeze all together.

well, the reason i started this thread was not to whine and complain so much, but to see if anyone knew of any movement in the lawsuit direction.

i used my phone for business and when voicemails dont get to me for 2 days - hell yeah i suffer hardship.

pfive said:
we both have samsung phones...
i had issues wiith my samy phone ... early on in my cingualr/att .. but since ihave aawsome phone it works well... look at you area on the coverage map.. maybe they havent finished your area....

i live outside of NYC - towers EVERYWHERE! - from what they tell me on a weekly basis..

pfive said:
i live outside of NYC - towers EVERYWHERE! - from what they tell me on a weekly basis..

sucks... sorry to hear... i would get a long telephone cord on a reel at keep it wiht you wehre ever you go... then your sure to never loose a call.. unless someone drives over the cord cuz you went to dunkin doughnuts on a conference call...

cingular sucks! We used to be a master dealer for them, and now we are indenpedent and suggest everybody to go with t-mobile =p

Back