Mazda3 shift knob - swap onto Mazda5?

jandree22

:
2007 Mazda5
Would the Mazda3's shift knob be a direct swap to the 5? IMO it's a lot nicer. thanks

pho_gallery_MZ5_int16.jpg

pho_gallery_M3H_int6.jpg

jandree22 said:
Would the Mazda3's shift knob be a direct swap to the 5? IMO it's a lot nicer. thanks

pho_gallery_MZ5_int16.jpg

pho_gallery_M3H_int6.jpg

hmmm, the Shift knob on the 5 GT is suppost to be leather. That doesn't look like leather to me

was98strat said:
hmmm, the Shift knob on the 5 GT is suppost to be leather. That doesn't look like leather to me

Canadian-spec versus US-spec.

US got the raw end of the stick on this one as even the highest trim US-spec Mazda5 does not get a leather-wrapped shift knob. In Canada, the higher GT trim gets a leather-wrapped shift knob (both tranny's).

As to the original question to this thread, yes the Mazda3 shift knob will fit on a Mazda5 (both tranny's).

What I really want is a replacement shifter. The shifter throw is way to much for me, and feels really sloppy. I'd like to see a short throw shifter with some stiffer bushings and a nice knob like that one in your pic from the 3.

wongpres said:
In Canada, the higher GT trim gets a leather-wrapped shift knob (both tranny's).

Are you sure? I got a GT 5-speed in Canada, and my shift knob looks exactly like the one pictured here. What does yours look like?

Well, I've been looking around and I'm a little confused. Seems like every OEM Mazda Parts site I look like offers the Mazda3/Mazda6 shifter knob, supposedly Mazda Part # GJ6A-V8-170-22. However, although it appears OEM-legit, it's got silver leather on the sides and seemingly chrome pieces on the shifter pattern and ring, while the pic from the Mazda3 looks like it's all black leather and more of a faux titanium finish on the pattern and ring. What's the deal? All you dealership folks, is there a different part number for the all black leather/titanium knob? I can't even decide which of the two I like more... I think maybe the chrome/silver leather one a little bit more, but yet, I get the feeling it's not actually genuine Mazda?

Knob I keep finding. This pic is from MazdaStuff.com
04_MZ6_ManualShiftKnobB.gif

Once again, the pic from inside a Mazda3 from MazdaUSA.com.
pho_gallery_M3H_int6.jpg

Also, I assume the knobs just screw off/screw on with no tricks?

a mazda5 specific OEM leather MANUAL shift knob is available... it is equiped in some overseas models and is possible to get here from a US dealer... the styling design is basically the same as the plastic one except it is in leather
part number is CC33-46-030 and retails for about $205

for automatics, same story... some overseas models got the leather one... the styling design is also the same as the plastic version... part number is C243-46-030A and retails for about $252

as for a MANUAL mazda3 stock shift knob (not the colored accessories you find in the accessory catalog): part number is BP4L-46-030A and retails for about $215

$215?! Get the flip outa here! (gtfo)

I can get that one from MazdaStuff.com for $60... somehow I don't care if it's genuine anymore

Thanks for that info

dommo

If your shifter is as you say it is there must be a problem....mine is just fine and its as fun as a Mazda 3 short throw...

Back