turbo post...

leijae

:
2001 1.6L LX
i've found these parts. with prices. please tell me if you know where i can find better deals or a better part. thanks guys

garrett t25 from 2nd gen eclipse w/ only 10 miles on it.....$200

blow off valve..........$250

fuel regulator......$100

sidemount stage 1 eclipse intercooler.....$35

2inch intercooler u-bend piping....$30

stuff i need:

exhaust manifold

downpipe

map unit/blackbox

oil return line

injection control w/ tubro timer

injector interface block w/ injectors

ect hardware and pressure tubes

Manifold will be the item that will cost the most. But getting a reliable manifold from an establish vendor may be difficult now as MAM doesn't seem to do manifolds for the 1.6L ZM engine, and there have also been reports that Hiboost is not supplying these manifolds anymore.

You can use stock WRX blue 440cc injectors or injectors from 2nd gen RX7, miatas or even supras, just make sure they are high impedance type. Flow rate of at least 300cc

Oil supply and return, try the Honda Tech forum, there is this vendor selling oil line kits, vendor is called: fast turbo

Injector control: emanage or unichip, if you can spare the cash, then Haltech or Microtech

I'm boosting my own protege soon so yeah... I've been through all this stuff before

leijae said:
i've found these parts. with prices. please tell me if you know where i can find better deals or a better part. thanks guys

garrett t25 from 2nd gen eclipse w/ only 10 miles on it.....$200

blow off valve..........$250

fuel regulator......$100

sidemount stage 1 eclipse intercooler.....$35

2inch intercooler u-bend piping....$30

stuff i need:

exhaust manifold

downpipe

map unit/blackbox

oil return line

injection control w/ tubro timer

injector interface block w/ injectors

ect hardware and pressure tubes

I got my exhaust manifold from hi-boost a couple of months ago. good quality iron cast. they carry two types for the 1.6. one for a t25 and the other for a IHI VF24

edit - a garrett t25, a 2nd gen eclipse t25 won't be a direct fit

Last edited:
What you can do is just take your normal exhaust manifold and weild on a T25 flange. Its not the most efficent but hell its dam cheap and should still be fine, we dont all need tubular manifolds. Pretty much replace your precat with the turbo.

Your also gonna need a downpipe you could just use the eclipse downpipe that goes with the turbo. Your gonna need to get a bit of custom exhast pipe to make everything work out.

Witchdoktor what about your wagner tubular manifold?

Witchdoktor said:
I got my exhaust manifold from hi-boost a couple of months ago. good quality iron cast. they carry two types for the 1.6. one for a t25 and the other for a IHI VF24

edit - a garrett t25, a 2nd gen eclipse t25 won't be a direct fit

cool, which one did you get? the IHI triangular flange version or the T25?

So if I don't post I'll die?

Damn, I'm glad I posted then.

On topic: boosted 1.6s are little terrors in comparison with the 2.0. When it's done your car will probably be able to hand mine its lunch. :D

so i need to get a t25 + t25 flange + 2nd gen eclipse downpipe?

Zerocover: as for my exhaust, will the thunder cat-back exhaust work?

No youll need a custom pice to mate the downpipe with the exhaust (where the cat would mate up). After that you can go with the thunder catback if you want.

yeah a local shop will take car of it for you. Its really easy when they only have to make 1 foot of pipe.

i've been thinking about the kit, specifically the turbocharger. would a td04 be too much, because from what i hear it has a better air flow than the t25.

leijae said:
i've been thinking about the kit, specifically the turbocharger. would a td04 be too much, because from what i hear it has a better air flow than the t25.

If you do get the TD04, you need to be mindful that the most common version out there comes from the Subaru WRX, which means that if you are using a ex-WRX turbocharger, your turbo manifold has to be the IHI triangular type. There is another version of the TD04, which is the TD04H. This fits onto the T25 flange but flows more than the WRX turbo.

so by having the tdo4h with the t25 flange i'm going to have a quicker response. hence the flow of the air throught the turbo? correct? because i can get a td04 cheaper and easier than a t25

leijae said:
so by having the tdo4h with the t25 flange i'm going to have a quicker response. hence the flow of the air throught the turbo? correct? because i can get a td04 cheaper and easier than a t25

I honestly duno about the "quicker response" part, bearing in mind our 1.6L engine doesn't put out that much exhaust gases to drive the turbine.

When I was putting my parts together, my friends keep tellin me to get a small turbo & intercooler or else the lag I'll get will make the car undrivable. That's why even though I already have a near mint TD04L, I went ahead and bought a TF035 (Forrester turbo, smaller than the TC onthe WRX) just in case.

relaxed said:
my friends keep tellin me to get a small turbo & intercooler or else the lag I'll get will make the car undrivable.

Dude tell your friends to STFU. Even with a T25 we spool up at some 2500 rpm. Now bear in mind that leijae has an auto with a 3000 rpm torque converter lock up. This means that if he ever toutches the gas the turbo will be instantly spooled, maybe undrivable in that it will destroy its tires. A TD04 will be prefectly fine.

In fact I would prefer a larger turbo to keep the power delivery smooth and where it should be (up top). Remember when pushed the auto downshifts, so a larger more efficent turbo means better mileage with pretty much the same preformance (and you wont be beating on the torque converter becuase your power will come on after the stall speed).

I recomend 2" pipes and a decent sized intercooler, stock supra intercoler woks wonders as the pipes are on the same side.

heh, STFU..... when I complete my installation and if I can get boost at 2500 rpm, I WILL tell them to STFU myself

zerocover said:
Dude tell your friends to STFU. Even with a T25 we spool up at some 2500 rpm. Now bear in mind that leijae has an auto with a 3000 rpm torque converter lock up. This means that if he ever toutches the gas the turbo will be instantly spooled, maybe undrivable in that it will destroy its tires. A TD04 will be prefectly fine.

In fact I would prefer a larger turbo to keep the power delivery smooth and where it should be (up top). Remember when pushed the auto downshifts, so a larger more efficent turbo means better mileage with pretty much the same preformance (and you wont be beating on the torque converter becuase your power will come on after the stall speed).

I recomend 2" pipes and a decent sized intercooler, stock supra intercoler woks wonders as the pipes are on the same side.

the friends you're going to tell to STFU, are of them chicks? get where i'm going with this?

leijae said:
the friends you're going to tell to STFU, are of them chicks? get where i'm going with this?

No man, unfortunately they're not chicks, if you do meet chicks that can tell you about turbo lag, spoolup rpm and intercooler size, heck, I'll want to meet them too

Back