Fuses

Warren914

:
1999 Mazda Protege
I bought my car used and don't have a listing for the fuses. The cigarette lighter is not working, but I can't find a blown fuse to replace. I checked the fuse panel under the hood and to the right of the steering column. Could someone scan the pages from the owner's manual for me?
Thanks
Warren
email warrens at ns.sympatico.ca

not sure if the fuse layout is the same in 99 and 2001+ protege's but Ill go outside right now and check.

sorry to get back a bit late to ya, but I looked and dont see a specific fuse for a cigg. lighter light. What I did was, I pulled all of the fuses inside the car (one by one) and found the one that hooks up to the cigg. lighter, is coded "H/CLN". Dont ask me what it stands for, lol, because I have no idea, hehe.

So yea look for H/CLN fuse...its 20amp fuse. Good luck! (thumb)

I pulled all the fuses out trying to find one which was blown, but no luck.
I'll have a look for H/CLN and see what happens.
Thanks for the help
Warren

gotcha. Let me know how it goes

I have the same problem and I have check all the fuses with multimeter both engine fuses box and interior fuses box, they are all ok.
My cigarette lighter plug is still no power.
Please anyone help me on this matter.
Thanks

et7223 said:
I have the same problem and I have check all the fuses with multimeter both engine fuses box and interior fuses box, they are all ok.
My cigarette lighter plug is still no power.
Please anyone help me on this matter.
Thanks
what year is your protege? If its 2001+ I can say that you have to look for "H/CLN" fuse. Its inside fuse box inside the car.

It's a 2002 but I solved the problem already. Not fuse

Here what I did, I unplug and took out the Cigarette lighter.
Behind the lighter plug, there is a wire join from one tap to the center tap melted.
I take a solid wire about the same gauge and rejoin the center tap to the plug tap and everything back on.

DiS said:
what year is your protege? If its 2001+ I can say that you have to look for "H/CLN" fuse. Its inside fuse box inside the car.

et7223 said:
Behind the lighter plug, there is a wire join from one tap to the center tap melted.
I take a solid wire about the same gauge and rejoin the center tap to the plug tap and everything back on.
kewl! Good to see you found the problem (thumb)

Finally, seven months later I've gotten around to fixing the problem. The wire behind the outlet had opened. It appears to be a fuse wire which overheated and opened. For now I've put in a copper wire, but may consider some sort of fuse later.

et7223 said:

Lighter and Radio Problem

Thanks for your answer to a question I have been having for a while. But I also have another problem. When I plug anything into the lighter, like my Ipod, the radio goes off, but teh fuse does not blw. As soon as I remove the Ipod adapter the radio goes back on. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening? Coudl it be a bad ground?

Thanks for your help!

Help with fuses too..

sorry to get back a bit late to ya, but I looked and dont see a specific fuse for a cigg. lighter light. What I did was, I pulled all of the fuses inside the car (one by one) and found the one that hooks up to the cigg. lighter, is coded "H/CLN". Dont ask me what it stands for, lol, because I have no idea, hehe.

So yea look for H/CLN fuse...its 20amp fuse. Good luck! (thumb)

I also have a 1999 Mazda Protege and am unsure where the fuse box is actually located. Can anyone tell me where to find it, it would be appreciated greatly. Thanks

Cig Lighter mazda Protege 2000

My Cig Lighter does not work. I want to locate the fuse box, Can someone point out where inside the Hood it sits..?
Also, if I want to just pull the Cig Lighter out and see if the wiring is burnt just behind it....how do I open it..I do not want to brute force it out and damage something in the process..

Help appreciated.

92 Mazda Protege Cig Lighter and Radio problem

I followed the thread and tried all the suggestions, it did not solve my problem. I proceeded to remove the radio and the cig lighter. I unplugged the wires I found 12V on both the Cig and the Radio with both fuses (Radio and Room) intact. I took the Cig housing out to find that there is a small black wire about 1/3 in. in length on the back of the Cig housing it was open. I replaced it and soldered a new one, that solved the Cig. issue now it works. I put the Radio on the bench and took the back off the big heat sink in the back of the radio there is a 10A 2-prong red fuse soldered on the board inside the heat sink, that was blown, I de-soldered it and resoldered a new one put everything back togeher and now both the radio and the sig. are working. Still don't know why the fuse in the fuse box did not blow when my wife left the lights on and drained the battery and when someone helped her by jumping the battery they crossed the jumper cables for a second which caused the problem in the first place.

Answer

I also have a 1999 Mazda Protege and am unsure where the fuse box is actually located. Can anyone tell me where to find it, it would be appreciated greatly. Thanks

There are two fuse boxes, im having the same problem with my cigarette adapter also because i put one of those 12V heaters that plug into a cigarette adapter into my adapter, worked for about 10 mins, then boom i couldnt get my gps, radar, anything to work using my cigarette adapter. I saw something about the (H/CLN) fuse for the 12V, so im going to autozone here in a bit to buy some fuses to see if thats the prob. but as far as your question goes, there is a fuse box inside the driver door right below the steering wheel where the hood pop release is with a cover on it that is labeled "FUSE". and the second one is under the hood directly to the far right of the engine closest to the side of the car, again labeled "FUSE", if your referring to a 99 Protege LX.

Fuse for cigarette lighter

Thank you so much for the fuse labeling answer that Mazda failed at in the owners manual! You saved a longer headache after this afternoon. Thanks!!

Fuse

I have a 1999 Mazda protege lx and I lost the fuse box lid on the inside of the car my stereo will not work some one cut out the wire harness in the dash I'm working on hooking a after market cd player up but I think the stereo fuse is blown can any one tell me which fuse it is please can't find a diagram anywhere and if you also happen to know the stereo wire colors and labels that would be helpfull but really need to know eich fuse the stereo is Thanks

I. Have a 99 protege lx and I lost the fuse box lid inside the car by the door and I don't know eich fuse is for the stereo can any one help?

i found out that the positive wire for the cig lighter on my 2000 DX went through the fire wall and was just lying in the engine bay, any ideas on where to wire it??

Back