Wheel Well Covers

tyrellebo

:
MS6 GT
You know how the cover inside the wheel well for the MS6 is kind of a fabric type material? Can someone check for me to see if that fabric in their rear wheel well is flush up against the body, or is it a little droopy?

I was in an accident with my 3 month old MS6 about a couple months ago. long story short, some dumas rear ended me. dont know why he was looking down instead of at the ROAD! but at least he was honest with me. anyways the problem i have now is that the fabric in the rear wheel well seems a bit loose on one side while the otherside is flush against the body.. but has this bump sticking out (the bump is only on that one side). In both wheel wells, its the side that's closer to the rear of the car that has loose fabric and the bump. i've brought the car into the shop a couple times already, but this time they said the wheel well fabric was suppose to be loose hanging on one side while the other has that protrusion.. "it's how the car is designed". I'm not sure if I believe this. It just seems a bit hard to believe since it just doesn't look right. Also the protrusion is pretty damn close to the wheel. it's about an inch or less to the wheel. I'll see if I can take some pictures for you guys. In the meantime, if you guys could lemme know how your rear wheel well is.. that'd be helpful.

Ok, i just went outside to look at my car. Both wheel wells are Solid and have no significant bumps. If you press your hand against it and feel it, it isnt smooth and you can feel some bumps, but cant be seen with the eye. Its just not significant enough, and sure as hell isnt 1 inch away from the wheel.

I just took some pictures when I went home for lunch today. I'll try to post them hopefully tomorrow so you guys can see what i'm talking about.

The only thing that worries me the most about this is that the cover inside the wheel well will start rubbing against the tires. I took a careful look before, and it seems that all the screws are fastened to where they're suppose to be, so I don't know why it's so close to the tires. I took a picture showing my hand on the cover and you can see how close my hand is to the tire. Seriously the distance between the tire and the cover is the thickness of my fingers. On one side, I can push that cover further back against the wheel well to gain more access to the inside of the wheel well. On the other side though, I cant push the cover back so I cant get further than the inner edge of the tire.

Actually I just went back out to take a look at the wheel well and me and my coworker found out that the heat shield above the muffler doesn't extend as far on one side as the other. Also both sides are not symmetrical when you look from the underside where the mufflers at. The frame where the heat shield is, is different on both sides. Can someone verify if this for me?

FYI. I figure the best way to find out if anything is wrong would be to see another MS6. So I went to the dealership. Apparently what I'm noticing in the wheel well is a standard configuration in the MS6.

o_O

We get standard unbalanced wheel wells! Heh...

Lets just hope that we don't get "standard" engine failure after 50k with all MS6 models =)

yea that would be the sucks. i'm quite shocked with the wheel well thing though, i really thought something was wrong.

on a different note, i just got a cel on my way home for lunch. i made a left at a light.. went to accelerate but the engine began sputtering.. and that's when the cel went on. wtf! i called the dealership to get an appointment setup so hopefully they'll be able to take care of that without any problems. *sigh*

PerfectXtreme said:
o_O

We get standard unbalanced wheel wells! Heh...

Lets just hope that we don't get "standard" engine failure after 50k with all MS6 models =)
I'm on n/a 2.3mzr #2 don't jinx yourself man(shocked)

I noticed this also when washing the car last weekend, The Drivers side is definitely closer to the wheel than the passenger side, The drivers side has a hole with access to a bolt, not sure what the bolt attaches yet though, as I am not in the habit of taking apart a car when there is nothing wrong.

i noticed that as well. thought maybe the felt lining was not secured properly, but apparently that's the way it is. the whole rear wheel wells are such a strange design. first the felt lining, then the clearance, then the asymmetrical design.. i dont get it.

I gave up years ago on trying to figure that one out...carpet 2 of 4 fenders and changing up front splash guards from 03 to 04 model year.

Back