Mazda6 rims on mazda3??

starfir3

:
Mazda 3 2.3L Black, Cold Air, 2x12" rockford fosgate alpine deck
So my mags got stolen from my Mazda 3 last time. I wasnt the happiest camper to say the least.. guess i should've opted for those lock nuts a little earlier...

Anyways.. the point of this thread is that the dealership offered to give me brand new mazda6 17" rims instead AND pay my insurance deductable. So in essence i am saving $250 AND getting 215's instead of 205's. My only concern is that it wont look good.. anyone do this yet or have an opinion?

the fact is,i really dont understand why they want to give the mazda 6 wheels,instead of the mazda 3 s...if you have the "as new" contract with mazda instead of with your insurance company,the first part of deductible is payd by mazda,and the rest is assumed by the condition listed in the insurance policy contract,so they should give you the mazda 3 wheels,you have the right to argue with them,you payd for a 3,with mags,not for a 6,its up to you man,wich dealer in montreal,i am from about 5 minutes from montreal....

and by the way,if you go to wal-mart,you can by a kit of lock nuts from fastwheels for about 15$ for 4,so hurry yourself and get some.....

Last edited:
patmaz said:
the fact is,i really dont understand why they want to give the mazda 6 wheels,instead of the mazda 3 s...if you have the "as new" contract with mazda instead of with your insurance company,the first part of deductible is payd by mazda,and the rest is assumed by the condition listed in the insurance policy contract,so they should give you the mazda 3 wheels,you have the right to argue with them,you payd for a 3,with mags,not for a 6,its up to you man,wich dealer in montreal,i am from about 5 minutes from montreal....

and by the way,if you go to wal-mart,you can by a kit of lock nuts from fastwheels for about 15$ for 4,so hurry yourself and get some.....
I dont believe i have the "as new" contract. WOuld that have been extra? I am going through my insurance company for the claim. This is at 2-20 in the west island.

I am seeing tons of views on this thread but no opinions!!

Here is what it should look like.. done in photoshop.

And here is the original (So you can see the difference)

Ummmm - what am I missing here - you know how its going to look based upon your photoshop work?

Only you can decide if it looks good to you...

WetsuitxNinja said:
I think they look like a bigger version of the 02 p5 wheels which I do not care for one bit.

Maybe from that picture, but i was parked nextto a p5 today and they looked very different..

You would also need new tires, the 6 has a overall bigger diameter and would throw off your speedo and driving dynamics.

Since You were Talking about it.

I have a 04 mazda 6 and wanted to know if i could put 03 or 04 mazda 3 wheels on it? Need new tires so that doesnt matter, just wondering bout the rims.

PS dont make fun! im a girl and just bought a mazda and the da who used to have it had 18"'s on it and has completely messed up the front, got all that fixed, but until i find the rims its a no go. and im looking for cheap, only thing i can find is mazda3 rims but they are 16:6.5 which is the same size as a standard for the 6. any help appreciated :)

They may look a little small but if you stick to the OEM 6 tire size you'll be fine as far as fitment goes. I would personally hold out until you can find 17s for it.

Back