Suicide Doors

Yeah relocating the handle would be nice, it would just be more difficult. I do agree about having to use a remote to open the doors. It would be cool if you could retrofit the handles from like .. a dodge ram extended cab or some truck/car with the little suicide rear doors. Then there would be no visible handle, you would just have to open the front door to get to the handle for the rear door.

KanseiZM said:
Yeah relocating the handle would be nice, it would just be more difficult. I do agree about having to use a remote to open the doors. It would be cool if you could retrofit the handles from like .. a dodge ram extended cab or some truck/car with the little suicide rear doors. Then there would be no visible handle, you would just have to open the front door to get to the handle for the rear door.
that would be cool.. hmm. I'll have to figure out what is best. well, i will and the body guy. heh. hopefully it all turns out good.I'm excited about all of this, but it will take a hell of a lot of money for teh s*** i need to finish. heh. oh well. I'll definatly post pictures and stuff.

like an old lincoln continental man. I don't get lambo doors on 4 doors, doesn't make much sense to me (sorry), but suicides on the back would be the s***.

jmv said:
like an old lincoln continental man. I don't get lambo doors on 4 doors, doesn't make much sense to me (sorry), but suicides on the back would be the s***.
well I have the lambos on already. I like them. I think the combo would look nice. we'll see how it all turns out though.
everyone has their own opinion..

800px-1963_Lincoln_Continental.jpg

so uhh might be a dumb question but are gullwing doors the correct name for what i refer to as "lambo" doors

awsmp5 said:
so uhh might be a dumb question but are gullwing doors the correct name for what i refer to as "lambo" doors

doubt it. Lambo doors open like the doors on most Lambourghinis, and Gullwing doors are like the Delorean in back to the future.

actually, there wouldn't be much modification at all. because they have kits for them now. it's the same basic principle of the lambos, just inverted, and extruded...

yea, that is something about what I was going for with that picture of the car. just...our handles. heh.

I can't say I am a big fan of the "lambo" doors or the gullwing doors, at least on a P5. The modification required to make a true, practical gullwing door would be excessive in my opinion. The lambo door wouldn't be as difficult, but it would still be horribly expensive (especially, as awsmp5 pointed out, it'd look goofy to have lambos on a four door car with the back doors unmodified, meaning you'd be paying to have all four doors screwed with as opposed to just two with suicides) . The suicide seems like it would have the most dramatic effect with the least amount of mods, overall.

found these doors

i found this on autotrader, lambo doors on his protege, looks pretty kool, what do ya'll think

Attachments

• wings.jpg
    wings.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 241
tengoestetempo said:
i found this on autotrader, lambo doors on his protege, looks pretty kool, what do ya'll think
ok as a whole, the car is ugly as ****.

but, i have the lambos too. here are mine.

Attachments

• driver lambo.JPG
    driver lambo.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 229
  • both lambos.JPG
    both lambos.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 201
  • angle both lambos.JPG
    angle both lambos.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 199
personnel opinion... lambo doors belong on a lambo or some other really hot coupe, no 4 doors. but that's just my 2 cents.

plus there is a wide open gap in your bumper, a nice black grill would look nice with that car or a intercooler.

agreed, on coupes they look phenominal!

mind you a big name interior shop here has a wrx with scissors on the front and regular on the rear and looks unreal

13.jpg

FL_PR5 said:
personnel opinion... lambo doors belong on a lambo or some other really hot coupe, no 4 doors. but that's just my 2 cents.

plus there is a wide open gap in your bumper, a nice black grill would look nice with that car or a intercooler.
heh. I'm already ahead of you. I recently purchased/installed a msp fully built motor/upgraded turbo/intercooler... so, NOW it's there. I need to get the DG grill now though. and fix my bodywork.

i've heard they start to become a b**** tho cuz when you bring it down and try to close it quik it doesn't line up or some s*** like that?
you ever have those problems?

and yeah sounds like some nice mods comin ur way

awsmp5 said:
i've heard they start to become a b**** tho cuz when you bring it down and try to close it quik it doesn't line up or some s*** like that?
you ever have those problems?

and yeah sounds like some nice mods comin ur way
are you talking about the gullwing or lambos? Because with the lambos, there is a small screw, that you need to loctite...if you don't, it will move on you, therefore not allowing the door to line up correctly...I'm sure it's about the same w/ the gullwing ones...

Back