Oil Dipstick

firebane

My gf owns a 92 mazda protege and we are having a argument over where the dipstick of her car is. I have yet to check the manual or have a good look under the hood, but she says its on the left side and a yellow handle. To after pulling it out seems too short and more likely for the transmission as her is an automatic.

Help please?
Thanks.

the engine oil dipstick is on the left of the engine and on mine it's yellow, i think. I have the sohc engine, i think its the same for dohc's, though

I don't know much about automatics, but with the manual transmission there is no dipstick! you have to take out the speedo gear and look at the oil on that

firebane said:
My gf owns a 92 mazda protege and we are having a argument over where the dipstick of her car is. I have yet to check the manual or have a good look under the hood, but she says its on the left side and a yellow handle. To after pulling it out seems too short and more likely for the transmission as her is an automatic.

Help please?
Thanks.

She's definitely right, the engine oil dipstick is the yellow one on the far left next to the timing belt cover. The trans dipstick would be on the right side of the engine (where the transmission is, who'da guessed that)

now far right are we talking sitting in the drivers seat or standing in front of the car :p I am talking about standing in front of the car and the oil handle is to my left.

oil

When you pull the dip stick out is there oil on it?? If its a thiner orange'y looking color its the trans fluid.

Back