Speaker Sizes, Harnesses and Kits for the Mazda3

1sty needs to update that thread, there is a wireharness avail for the 3 and the 6 has a dash kit now from metra... if i have time i will try and dig up the numbers and pm him.

Let me know what the brand/model # is and I'll add it. I actually went and revamped the first post a few weeks ago with all the information I had at the time.

psh since mazda did us the greatfull favor of labeling there wires for all those who dont buy a metra harness and straight up harwire the thing,

White/Black – left front +
Gray/Black – left front –

White/Red – right front +
Gray/Red – right front –

White/Purple – left rear +
Gray/White – left rear –

White – rear right +
Gray – rear right –

BOTTOM

Orange/Black – 12v constant
Orange/Black with silver dots – 12v illumination
Yellow with silver dots – 12v ignition
Black/Green – Chassis ground

is there any difference between the Mazda 3 hatch and the mazdaspeed3 in the stereo or components?

I just bought a 2007 Mazda 3 GX. I need someone to confirm that the stock speakers in it are indeed 5x7"'s and not 6x5"'s like my local future shop rep told me.

I currently have the following equipment from my old system:

Pioneer Car Deck CD/MP3/AAC (DEH-P78000MP)
Rockfort 900W Mono amp
Rockfort 10" dual voice coil sub
MTS Audio 2-channel 400W amp
1 pair of Infinity 6812cs 6x8" speakers

Here's what I am thinking of doing:

Sell old deck keep stock deck.
Sell 2-channel amp buy 4-channel amp
Sell 6"x8" pair of speakers , buy 2 pairs of 5x7" speakers (or 6x5" depending on what size fits my car at no extra cost?)
Purchase a special device that filters out the bass from stock decks ($150 - recommended to me...is this really needed?) that automatically limit bass output.
Use old mono amp to power old sub
Use new 4-channel amp to power new pairs' of speakers.

-Is this a good move? Can anyone think of cheaper options that leverage my existing equipment? I would keep the 6x8" speakers if they fit ( I would just buy an additional pair).

Thanks

No, the components AFAIK are the same. Bose vs Non-Bose makes a difference though.

What's the difference between the Bose and Non-Bose? I have a MS3 Sport (single disc MP3, non-bose), and was thinking about replacing it with the one from the MS3 GT in the future (6-disc MP3, bose + trip computer). Is that possible while keeping the stock speakers? If not, is it possible to replace it along with aftermarket speakers (I was thinking Infinity Kappas 6x8s).

Is it a bad idea to install back speakers on the mazda3 sedan? I know that there is a metal plate beneath the plastic cover on the top.

Since people don't seem to find this thread I'm posting a link to it here. Please read the following thread before posting any questions about speaker sizes, wiring harnesses, or installation kits!

Harness, Kits and speaker size of all Mazdas!

just be aware that:
1.)metra sells nothing

2.)that the people they reccomend to buy from do not stock some of what you will need

I've been looking for hours now for a wiring diagram of the stock deck harness to tap into for a High-Low converter... I'm afraid of useing the normal 3's diagram for this. I have an 08 sport MS3, I have everything apart, and I just need to know what wires to tap into for Right +, Right -, Left +, Left -, 12V, Ground, 12V rem.... PLEASE HELP

Edit: here is the mazda 3 non speed version diagram i found, I just don't know if it's all the same!? :(

Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Orange/Black
Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Orange/Black with Silver Dots
Car Radio Ground Wire: Black/Green
Car Radio Illumination Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: Orange
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Cell Phone Mute Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amplifier Location: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Location: N/A
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): White/Black