Speaker Sizes, Harnesses and Kits for the Mazdaspeed Protege!

Does anyone know if a wiring harness for an 03 Mazdaspeed Protege is the same as for the standard 03 Protege? None of the shops I've talked to have one specifically for it.

No it isn't. The MSP has a totally different head unit. Order it online because most shops won't carry it.

Hmm, I don't know why we don't have a part # listed. Sorry bout that. If you find the part # let me know and I'll update the info.

i just bought a new kenwood head unit (dont have the model number on me) $79 at best buy, anyway, i didnt need a harness or anything it plugged right into my 03.5 MSP wiring already all kenwoods may be like this?? idk but i hope that helps.

Amp?

So I've owned my MSP for over 3 years and its time to upgrade the radio. I have JL 8W1V2-4 and a Kenwood 5201 amp I want to upgrade the door speakers, rear speakers and maybe tweeters. I plan on running an amp to them. how to I use a 4 channel amp to power all of them? Can I? what about the crossover to the tweets? Do i just run the amp to the front speakers' input and is there a built in crossover? Im upgrading my stock radio to a KDC-HD548U. The door speakers will most likely be JL but if you have any suggestions please post.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Kenwood...&skuId=1947141&st=keenwood hd radio&cp=1&lp=9

msp speaker question

Does anyone know what size speaker was used on the rear decklid when the factory kenwood sub box and amp is installed in the trunk. My 6x9 rockfords are now too deep to fit in the mounting holes because the box sets right under it

There are no speakers on the rear deck in the MSP from the factory they are in the rear doors.

Back