Personalization with Pedals and Pinstripes...

CajunGreek

:
Copper Red Mica 2006 Mazda 3 s GT 5-door 2.3 liter
Any recommendation for a good set of 5-speed pedals with a dead-pedal? It seems to me that the foot well in the 3 is smaller than my last few cars with the pedals much closer together. I'm wanting a nice set of sport pedals that work well in the confined space and aren't scraping each other, but the primary reason I want to do them is to get a set with a matching dead-pedal to protect the carpet there. My exterior is Copper Red Mica and I was thinking of either a set with some red in it or a gunmetal colored set.

I'm also thinking of putting on an interesting pin stripe and am looking for a good source with a good selection. I've checked the regular auto parts stores but don't want the standard patterns (tribal, barb wire....) they have as they have such limited color selections in those patterned pins (not to mention that to me a lot of them are just ugly). And I don't want a simple straight stripe. I've also checked a few online sources but their selections all seem to be the same. The reason I want to stripe it is that I want to do something that brings out the orange metal flek in the Copper Red Mica paint. Any good sources? Any pics of 3s with interesting accent stripes?

Last edited:
pedal sets

Here's a custom made set by one of the sponsors at the mazda3forum

Pedals http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=21985.0
pedals.jpg

Dead Pedal http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=13991.0
regularpattern.jpg
NApattern.jpg
Or he'll add a logo to the bottom of it (Mazda 3, Axela, etc)

2113620_12.jpg

Here's mine

IMG_0427%20%28Small%29.JPG

And another black one with the logo

Also check out this thread for pics of lots of people's pedal sets http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=29390.0

whats up with the guy that is making these pedal sets. Is it sok07. I emailed him and he hasnt responded. Does anyone know how to get ahold of him. I am really wanting a set. Thanks
Anthony

Anthony those pedals are indeed from Sok07. His email gets overwhelmed with questions and hes a family man with a full time job so it may take a bit to reply. If you really need to have the dead pedal asap I recommend you check ebay as he usually has 1 up for bid....Might also want to think about the OEM MazdaSpeed pedals. I have those with the Sok07 dead pedal and love the look. The MS pedals are easy to install and fit perfectly like only a OEM part can....

TGM3 said:
Anthony those pedals are indeed from Sok07. His email gets overwhelmed with questions and hes a family man with a full time job so it may take a bit to reply. If you really need to have the dead pedal asap I recommend you check ebay as he usually has 1 up for bid....Might also want to think about the OEM MazdaSpeed pedals. I have those with the Sok07 dead pedal and love the look. The MS pedals are easy to install and fit perfectly like only a OEM part can....

A word of caution - From what I have read, Mazda changed the shape of the pedal mounts on the '06es and the Mazdaspeed OEM pedals require a bit of modification to install.

I did see the dead pedal on the other forums and like it a lot. I may buy one - but I haven't decided yet.

i have the 04 mazda 3 hatch. The Mazda products are way to expensive I cant find myself buying them for what they are.

Back