J-SPEC 2.0 FS-ZE intake camshaft

man, readin sumtin like that realy set u back, i kno sum ppl who bought cams from them r more than happy, but than again u got others who r sayin different,
i kno that by just droppin cams in u won't net much... but with adj. gears + EMS, and sum fine tuning a true potential of them should be seen.. there r those who think that by just dropping cams in, it'll do a world of a difference

oh well i'll just get the cam gears, EMS and valve spring first and i'll worry about cams after i get all that.

any of u kno if Eibach EVS Spring Kit from Corksport r any good??

peace

well once again everythin is goin on hold, just when i got back on track and was rdy to start moddin my car again ...BAM... i get another ticket, 75 mph in a 45, i was on my way home from my classes and a block away from my house while i was racin a civic (beat him) i get pulled over, man i feel like sh*t, i could see the guy in the civic laughin as he drove by.. arrghhhh

peace

LX_StreetGlow said:
another ticket, 75 mph in a 45, racin a civic

It's never worth it. let there altezas shine and there fart cans buzz its not worth being pulled over by the fuzz.(five-0)

lolz yeah, but its cool, i'll try to take care of it, so hopefully it won't set me back much, need to put some n/a power in my baby :)

peace

Kansei said:
This is why you see a lot of people with cut valve covers with the cam gears exposed though, it allows quick tuning.

is there a how to on this??or do u need a diff valve cover that's been allrdy cut?? Meant to ask this a while ago but forgat.... thx

peace

For these cams..are they straight drop in? Or is there anything that we should replace? I hear it would be a good idea to replace the valve springs as well but why wouldn't the stockers be okay?
While the vale cover is off, what else could be done?

Thanks

LX_StreetGlow said:
is there a how to on this??or do u need a diff valve cover that's been allrdy cut?? Meant to ask this a while ago but forgat.... thx

peace

You can just cut it yourself. There's a seal between the valve section of the cover and the timing belt section (the raised area on the left)

FSCatalyst said:
For these cams..are they straight drop in? Or is there anything that we should replace? I hear it would be a good idea to replace the valve springs as well but why wouldn't the stockers be okay?
While the vale cover is off, what else could be done?

Thanks

You might want to replace the valve cover gasket while you have the cover off. As for the valve springs or shims, you should be ok. This cam doesn't open up the valves (lift) any more than the stock one, just opens them up for longer (duration).

LX_StreetGlow said:
yeah i found the thread with helpful info, i was only sayin i dint know back than but i wish i was :( ..... $120 for MSP exhaust cam wasn't much i think

peace

It's a Mazdaspeed exhaust cam..not a Mazdaspeed Protege exhaust cam.

you might say that..and it might be true....but i "DROPPED" the cams on my engine and i felt a world of difference...

it may be that you don't have this cams, or maybe you did something else while doing the cams too (FMIC, EXHAUST, DOWNPIPE)

i wanted to install the cam by itself so that i could see a difference...and yes sir...as expected there was a difference...
i can't back this up with a dyno...but the RPM band seems more constant and it goes all the way to 6500 rpms while still pulling...it doesn't flattens down like the stock one...this one keeps making power throught the whole rpm band

my question is this...being that you are saying this is a waste of money...do you even have this cams installed??

LX_StreetGlow said:
man, readin sumtin like that realy set u back, i kno sum ppl who bought cams from them r more than happy, but than again u got others who r sayin different,
i kno that by just droppin cams in u won't net much... but with adj. gears + EMS, and sum fine tuning a true potential of them should be seen.. there r those who think that by just dropping cams in, it'll do a world of a difference

oh well i'll just get the cam gears, EMS and valve spring first and i'll worry about cams after i get all that.

any of u kno if Eibach EVS Spring Kit from Corksport r any good??

peace

well I noticed nothing and I have the cam.. but I have a ton of other NA mods too, oh and my butt dyno officially sucks too :p

Alejo_NIN said:
you might say that..and it might be true....but i "DROPPED" the cams on my engine and i felt a world of difference...

it may be that you don't have this cams, or maybe you did something else while doing the cams too (FMIC, EXHAUST, DOWNPIPE)

i wanted to install the cam by itself so that i could see a difference...and yes sir...as expected there was a difference...
i can't back this up with a dyno...but the RPM band seems more constant and it goes all the way to 6500 rpms while still pulling...it doesn't flattens down like the stock one...this one keeps making power throught the whole rpm band

my question is this...being that you are saying this is a waste of money...do you even have this cams installed??

last time i checked i dint say it was waste of money... um where anywere in the post did i say that, i just said that it bummed me out a bit after reading that thread, i wonna be sure when i buy sumthin its what i payed for and worth it. period... for me money doesn't grow on trees

peace

it's not that you said it was a wasteof money, you made it sound like a waste of money...

and you should really get those benjamin franklin seeds...they make a hell of a tree...lol

believe me, my wife is paying as much as i am paying for a LX, so MSP's aren't all that expensive...

and for the money i purchased mine for, i could had got one souped up msp from the forums....stupid me

yeah, when i got this ride there was a black msp in the show room and the guy was like "it would only cost u 120 bucks more a month" ... yeah :( ... and now with the cost of my car and mods i have I could have gotten an msp, but i love this car and i have much fun with it, and will continue :)

...back on the track...

Kansei which cams do u have?? i think u told me b4 but i forgat, srry
(btw very nice mp5, looks very clean)

peace

Right now I have the FS-ZE intake cam and the stock exhaust cam. .. waiting on the custom cam thing hoping that goes through.

i'm thinkin of getting FSZE intake cam - SRM exhaust cam - MAM cam gears - Eibach EVS Spring Kit.... it'll come around to $900, couldn't get it all at once but would just buy 1 thing at a time, still not sure but thats most likely set up that i'll go with.
psssttt Kansei ... what custom cam thingy u talkin about? u can tell me i wont tell any1 :)

peace

Last edited:
Back