alarm woes: lights stay on

:
'03.5 MSP(Yellow!)
Alright, new advancement in how awful this alarm is. 03.5 MSP, had problems with this alarm before, but I like having keyless entry so I haven't removed it. Now when you lock the car with the remote or the key, the lights flash once, then come on dim and stay on. If you lock it with the button, it doesn't do that. Why would it do that? I unplugged the battery for a few hours, and it still does it.

Ideas plz!
Thanks a bunch. it's driving me up the wall.
-Mateo

This was the problem I had with my alarm. The control module for the alarm is bad. Take it in and have them replace it under warranty. The reason it doesn't do it when you use the interior switch is that locking the door that way doesn't activate the alarm.

interesting. what causes the failure? any ideas?
Is there a way to disable the alarm until I can get it looked at?
-Mateo

arg. I doubt they'll give me as much trouble for the turbo timer as they will about the multitude of gauges, or the standalone. Grrrr. Last time I went to a dealer they wouldn't fix my fuel filler because they said the AWR rear sway bar was "in the way of the gas tank." Realllly had a nice time talking to Mazda USA about that one.
-Mateo

I had a problem with mine doing that and since I have almost 100k miles no warrenty. So I found the wiring into the module and snipped the 2 parking light wires. The lights still flash and everything seems to work just fine, except the lights dont stay on anymore. The alarm has been fine since then, and this was last summer.

now THAT'S what I wanna hear! Any way you could tell me what color the wires were? or where to find that information? Thanks a ton!
-Mateo

yellerandahalf said:
now THAT'S what I wanna hear! Any way you could tell me what color the wires were? or where to find that information? Thanks a ton!
-Mateo

The bigger of the 2 alarm boxes, the one that has all the wires going into it, well there is a sticker on there that has the wiring pin numbers and what the wires are for. Just look for the 2 parking light wires. I will try to look at it later if I get a chance.

I also had this same problem. So I contacted Richard from Mazdastuff.com and bought a new alarm module. It was only $55.75 shipped.
After I got the module the alarm started to work again. So I have not replaced it yet.
I have all the programming instructions also.

Here it the item number:
0000-8F-C10 Alarm Module

You could also get this from Ken at protegegarage.com

I'm going to order a new one from mazdaspeed; they're 50 shipped. if someone else wants one, i can order just one more without them getting suspicious. Let me know. -Mateo

Back