How to install auxmod basic

I just removed the ashtray insert. With that gone you can run the cable into the ashtray without drilling any holes, and the spare cable just coils up in the ashtray when you aren't using it.

Quick question - I bought a tape-deck last year to use as an input and yesterday I wired-up a 1/8" jack to it so I don't have to use the wire on the tape adapter. Unfortunately, I still get a high-freq hiss and low-freq rumble when using the 1/8" jack. The hiss is just under speaking volume when I turn the volume of the deck all the way up. It mostly goes away (along with half my treble) when I turn on dolby nr, but I was wondering if people also get this with the auxmod or if anyone knows what it could be from?

When I use the cd player and there is no music, it is dead silent, so it is specific to the tape deck. I get the hiss without the mp3 player plugged into it, so it is coming from the deck. I also removed the pickup for the tape adapter, but that didn't help either - could it be the motor on the deck? If I cut a wire on the motor, would it still detect a tape in the deck...?

I may end up just getting the newer Auxmod, but for now, I'd like to fix what I have...

Where did you get the holster unit for your iPod? I've been looking around a little for one much like that and haven't been successful yet..

no problem.

you are going to have to buy two pieces. One is car specific, and then one that is iPod specific. Then you just screw them together! pretty simple

yeah, that's what it looked like. but i think it's going to look much better than something very generic that "kind of works" but looks odd somehow.

thanks again!!

went through all this and spent all the money to do this......now I cant find my damn iPod!!!! been looking for days with no luck :(

Nice pics.

I see this is an old thread, but im debating on buying an Auxmod for my 2002 Mazda Protege5. Im looking for the best way to hookup my Zen Vision M. I have a couple of questions. Is the AuxMod worth
paying $60 for? It looks like parts are max $5-10. I dont mind
spending the money if the audio quality is pretty good, but Im curious
how your experience has been. I spent $50 on a IRiver brand FM
modulator, and it didnt work very well while my car was moving.

Installed this baby into my mazda 6 and it sounds better than the CD player... I think I'm only ever going to use that CD Player if I forget my ipod or have new CDs I haven't ripped yet!

Ran the cord from the back of the stereo from a male to female 3.5mm cord, then plugged in an insulated pc audio cord from the female end to the ipod which sits in my cup holder =D

Bought a 360 degree phone holder from ebay which will hold the iPod somewhere more appropriate =P

270574_10150291344601343_563796342_9345886_6957566_n.jpg

269794_10150291344721343_563796342_9345889_4803143_n.jpg

Back