Who designed the Keyless entry Remote

GAMacky

I really like the CX-7, I can even live with the I-4 Turbo instead of a V6. But what were the designers thinking when they designed the keyless entry remote???

galleryImage07.jpg

Where did they think we'll carry the remote? It's too bulky for the pants' front pocket. Did they expect us to always wear shirts with front pockets? Did they expect us to wear a coat or jacket all the time? Did they design it to fit in a wallet? Since I keep my wallet in my pants' back pocket, I can't imaging the remote would survive being sat on.

At least the Nissan/Infiniti keyless entry remote is narrow, non-bulky:

5mur_ext_si25_intelkey.jpg

Making it ideal for anywhere. The keyring section pops out to reveal a metal key if needed, just like the one that pops out for the Mazda one, but a lot less bulkier and well thought out.

Otherwise, I do like this car. I definitely want to try this car out when it reaches the dealers.

Interesting points...Don't the MS6 peeps have the same remote now? I wonder if we will be seeing more rants like this in the future...?

slug420 said:
interesting choice for a first post
Heh, I know, what an entrance... (first)

slug420 said:
what is the scale of this thing? I looks pretty slick to me
Good point about the scale. If the metal key is the same size as all other car metal keys, then the remote is slightly smaller than a credit card. So that should give you an idea. So I put my Nissan/Infiniti one (1-1/8"x2-7/8") on top of a credit card (2-1/8"x3-3/8") for comparison, and the Nissan/Infiniti one is not that much smaller. However, with the narrower fob, it'll move around in the pocket much better than a wide flat card. :)

I think the size is great! It's so thin! For a key fob you'll never physically use and only carry around, the smaller the better!

Is not really that thin, when i test drove the MSP6, i couldn;t really find a right place for the key. But it is pretty cool tho

The size is about the size of a credit card but thicker, ofcourse. It's not just a keyless entry remote, it's a keyless start remote. Note that the actual key is only included in case of emergency, and cars with the keyless start function have a knob on the ignition that you just turn to start the car. You can have the key in your wallet the whole time. You can unlock the doors by pushing the little black button on the door handle with the key in your pocket.

The key is currently availible on the MX-5 and MazdaSpeed 6. While it's not bad, I personally HATE it. I prefer the remote with fold-out key, or just the regular key.

Back