WTB: Mazda Familia (Protege?) 1998 roof rack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Easthope

Mazda Familia (Protege?) 1998 roof rack

Hey - just joined Mazda community as I am searching worldwide for a roof rack for my car. I just bought a 1998 Mazda Famila - imported from Japan (I am in New Zealand) but it doesn't have a roof rack - just the fillers. I haven't been able to source a roof rack in NZ so am looking overseas. Can anyone help? Also, from what I can tell - in NZ this car is called a Familia or 323 but in North America it is called a Protege. Is that correct? I am new to the world of Mazdas so excuse my lack of knowledge here!
Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• Mazda Familia.jpg
    Mazda Familia.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,180
just keep an eye out, roof racks are posted here a lot. In the US, it is called a Protege5. Of course, some people here put the 323F badge on their car to stand out (me!).

hey i am thinking bout removing my roof rack, i already took a piece of it off. i dont like the roof rack look so im planning on taking the whole thing off, but my proteg5 is a 2002, yurs is a 1998, i dont know if it will fit,or even if there isnt a difference at all? and im lookinf for the filler caps to, so so write back to me, bye

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I would be very interested in your roof rack if you are considering removing it! I also have the fillers you need (if they are the same in the 1998 and 2002). What country are you in? Would need to ship to New Zealand.

Can anyone else tell us if the 98 and 02 models of the Mazda Protege5 have the same roof rack fittings?

RaiderMP5 - thanks for clarifying the model is a Protege5. Sounds like I need to get up with the play on Mazdas!

No worries! To know for sure, take some good picsof the roof racks, and we can tell you if they are the same. The USA did not get the 323F/Protege5/Familia until 2001, when it was sold as a 2002 model. So there might be a difference.

wow,what a coincidence..the 1.8 active roof rack installation...talk to this
guy,he's looking for this

Lord_Zath said:
Thread moved to WTB section.

Thanks Lord Zath. Sorry I put it in the wrong place. To be hones, I read your rules and didn't udnerstand them. Am new to the site and there are lots of acronyms. I don't even know what WTB stands for! But will do my best to post things in the right place.

TStar said:
wow,what a coincidence..the 1.8 active roof rack installation...talk to this
guy,he's looking for this
Thanks TStar. Will talk to this guy. Not sure he is wanting to sell a roof rack or just find the fillers - but worth asking. It seems the fillers are in hot demand. If I can find a roof rack then it sounds like I will have plenty of interested buyers for the fillers!

Thanks for links to roof racks folks. I see someone else is looking for a roof rack too.
I've attached photos of my rails on the roof of my car to check that it is the same fitting. If you have a roof rack you would like to sell please PM me.

Attachments

• Roof rack 001.jpg
    Roof rack 001.jpg
    414.2 KB · Views: 227
  • Roof rack 002.jpg
    Roof rack 002.jpg
    333.7 KB · Views: 224
  • Roof rack 003.jpg
    Roof rack 003.jpg
    309.8 KB · Views: 230
  • Roof rack 004.jpg
    Roof rack 004.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 220
  • Roof rack 005.jpg
    Roof rack 005.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 235
Looking at those pics, I can tell you that the 02-03.5 USA Protege5 roof racks are a direct fit.

So hunt one down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back