Cigarette Lighter not working

dbzeag

:
Protege 2001 LX 2.0
So I am going on a long road trip and I would like to use my cigarette lighter for powering a laptop and low and behold it does not work.

I have checked the fuse (the yellow 20amp in the top-middle slot in the kickpanel) and it appears to be intact.

Anyone else have any ideas?

I have tried multiple devices, each with different connectors, but none of them work, either.

chuyler1 said:
Was the car on when you tried it? (sorry, gotta ask)

Does the cigarette lighter work?
Good question but yeah the car was on.

The cigarette lighter was among the "different connectors" I tried and that failed.

dbzeag said:
So I am going on a long road trip and I would like to use my cigarette lighter for powering a laptop and low and behold it does not work.

I have checked the fuse (the yellow 20amp in the top-middle slot in the kickpanel) and it appears to be intact.

Anyone else have any ideas?

I have tried multiple devices, each with different connectors, but none of them work, either.

Check behind the cig lighter and make sure neither of the wires/or connector have come loose. I know that they aren't the best wires/connecor.

Same Problem with my Miata 1999???

I seem to have the same problem,No Current getting to the lighter,all 20 Amp fuses are fine?????(burn)

I had to disconnect mine because it kept blowing the fuse. That was a problem because the fuse also runs the stereo.

Back