how do i change the spark plugs?

25FConv

:
Mazda Protege
I must be retarded or something but i dont know where to find the 1,2, and 3 cylinder spark plugs on my cousins mpv. I know the 4,5 and 6 ones are under the engine cover. where are the other 3? till then i will be (deadhorse

thanks man i think its gonna be a pain in the ass to get to. is yours a problem or not really?

Wytchdctr said:
they are prolly hidden behind the IM next to the firewall.. good luck getting to them.

My wife drives a Mazda5 and its a 4cyl so I would assume itll be easy. My elantra is EXTREMLY easy to change plugs on.

replacing the plugs in a transversally mounted "V" engine are a PITA

good luck, i will have to prepare when i have to replace the ones in my mom's tribute

Last edited:
Find a safe place to wedge a 2X4 beind the IM. Rev the motor and throw the board in... hold it forward. Might work.. Ive seen it work on GM v6s before.

Wytchdctr said:
Find a safe place to wedge a 2X4 beind the IM. Rev the motor and throw the board in... hold it forward. Might work.. Ive seen it work on GM v6s before.
Or you can 'bounce' the engine by pushing the van back while it's in park. The engine should rock when you do this and it's probably a little 'safer' than revving the engine.
Does the engine have any kind of "dog bone" or "torque strut" or some other type of top side motor mount? I know GMs did this for a while. With those you needed to unbolt that mount before you could rock the engine.

Where do I find my spark plugs on a 2008 CX-7? And is that something I can do or do I have to pay the dealer?:(

check out the mazda 6 forum, the 6 has a v6 option, and remember someone doing a pretty good how to on changing the plugs on a transverse v6. GL, as they how to indicated taking the IM off along with lots of other parts, wires, etc.,

Back