would you trade the msp ???

would you trade the msp for the Is 250

• Total voters

spike blue

:
2007 mazda CX-7,Kia sephia 2006 Audi A4 Sline
hey guys i love the msp a lot but is time to get rid of her!!! would you trade it for the new lexus Is 250 6 speed manual 204HP V6 engine???? yes , no and why??

i love that car... i'd dump it for the is250... i wish the 350 had a manual option.

the 250 will run for 150k without one hiccup, and its GORGEOUS. If they give you good money on the trade do it. Its a different beast, but toyota allways has good aftermarket support if you want that, otherwise you can just look like john q. classy citizen and drive it stock.

ok guys if i do i!! For how much would you sell it with 75k miles on it???

daedalus said:
i love that car... i'd dump it for the is250... i wish the 350 had a manual option.

the 250 will run for 150k without one hiccup, and its GORGEOUS. If they give you good money on the trade do it. Its a different beast, but toyota allways has good aftermarket support if you want that, otherwise you can just look like john q. classy citizen and drive it stock.

Hye youre car looks so clean , i always love the yellow after the blue!!

yikes... 11-12 is prolly what its worth... thats a lot of mileage. Not to many owners have sold theirs with that much on them yet so i'm not really sure of the value.

It all depends on what your looking for. They are completly different cars. Boy Racer Go fast-mobile or high end japanese luxury sedan. Decide whats best for you and go from there.

I would for the 350 was a manual, which is what i dont understand. You put your 6 speed in 250 which is slower, and you dont have a manual for the 306hp car

If I could get out of my MSP and not lose money I would.. But I am upside down. I'd buy a 2000 Miata and an old RX-7 as my two cars.

True about the go fast boy mobile but that is what 60's mustangs and camaro's were back in the day. Cheap speed that has turned into rare valuable speed.

you're right the msp is so rare i love it for ever even if i get rid of her!!!

car looks sweet just ask urself if u want a car that ur going to see all around u every day if not dont get the is i saw the new bodystyle 5 times today and it just came out, btw wouldnt it be cheaper/cooler to get the old one with a 2jz engine

Last edited:
I'm sorry man, but if you think the MSP is gonna become a classic car, you're deluding yourself. The reason Mustangs and Camaros becamse classic is because they spawned a new era in car building. The fact that you can have a 9 second mustang for $5,000 is another reason they are still popular.

Not saying they will be that valuable. However nothing actually has value if nobody wants it. I'm sure in the 60's nobody thought the cars they were chopping up and modding would be worth a damn thing now but they are. To me the number of MSP's is what truely makes them special. I see IS's all the time and another MSP maybe once a month.

here a nice picture

Attachments

• is250.jpg
    is250.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 111
spike blue said:
here a nice picture
Damn, that is nice looking ride but I am too close to paying this car off and having a nice second ride frees me up to build something else. I won't ever get rid of the MSP. Heck, when it is paid for it's worth more to keep than to trade to some asshat who won't take care of it.

For the first time I am actually satisfied with what I am driving. The Supra was old and NA, the Pulsar was deifnitely slow but handled like it was on rails, the Lancer OZ turbo was fast, but handled like an SUV. The MSP has decent speed, enough aftermarket parts, and handles like it's on rails. For now, that's good enough for me and I wouldn't trade it in.

Down the road when I have a family, house, and grow up a bit I'll probably ditch the MSP for something like the IS or a G35 and get a project Miata (or just keep the MSP as the project car).

Back