Mazda represents @ the LA Auto Show!

Antoine

Administrator
LOS ANGELES Mazda today debuted the all-new Mazda CX-7 crossover sport-utility vehicle (SUV) at the Greater Los Angeles Auto Show. Featuring style, sophistication and excitement, the CX-7 is the first of three all-new Mazda vehicles that are being designed and engineered specifically for the North American market. Mazda will announce details of the remaining two vehicles at a later date.

The Mazda CX-7 represents everything a Mazda SUV should be: powerful, stylish, beautifully crafted and fun to drive, said Jim OSullivan, president and CEO, Mazda North American Operations. Being the first of three vehicles designed, engineered and built specifically for North America , the CX-7 is crucially important to the Mazda lineup and to the success of Mazda as a whole.

Produced entirely on Mazda-derived platform architecture, the five-seat CX-7 embodies an astute blend of sports car verve and SUV practicality, resulting in a fun-to-drive SUV with Mazdas trademark Soul of a Sportscar. It is a vehicle that brings together performance and design like never before.

The distinctive exterior design of the Mazda CX-7 is an extension of the sports car motif influenced by the 1995 RX-01 and 2005 MX-Crossport concept vehicles. Prominent front fenders, A-pillars rooted at the bodys leading edge, and Mazdas signature five-pointed grille clearly register this new model as a Mazda. Inside, CX-7 fulfills every car enthusiasts innate desire to jump in and drive. The three-dial instrument cluster, sports car inspired high-mounted shifter and form-fitting front bucket seats are configured for spirited motoring.

Matching the sporty appearance, the Mazda CX-7s performance is powerful and dynamic, with use of a turbocharged and intercooled 2.3-liter four-cylinder direct-injection gasoline engine that produces 244-horsepower at 5,000 rpm. Furthermore, the Mazda CX-7 delivers an estimated 23 mpg in combined driving.

In addition to the CX-7 and the balance of the Mazda lineup MAZDA 3 , MAZDA 5 , MAZDA 6 , MAZDASPEED 6 , MX-5 Miata, RX-8, Tribute, MPV and B-Series Mazda also will display two vehicles first shown at this years Specialty Equipment Marketing Association (SEMA) trade show.

The MX-5 equipped with MAZDASPEED accessories goes beyond the necessities for a high quality roadster. Exterior features include an aggressive front fascia with larger air openings, styled side sills, bold rear fascia, three-piece rear lip spoiler for improved aerodynamics and forged-aluminum light-weight wheels (18x7.5JJ) and BFGoodrich g-Force KDW tires (225/35R18). With a six-speed short-throw manual gearbox, adjustable coil-over suspension, front strut tower brace and sport exhaust, this MX-5 Miata embodies a Zoom-Zoom lifestyle. The DG Motorsports MAZDASPEED 6 is luxury for your senses. From thrilling speed to g-force exhilaration, the DG Motorsports MAZDASPEED 6 is all-wheel drive fantasy. The vehicle is the best that Mazda and DG Motorsports have to offer advanced engineering and unsurpassed, award-winning style. It offers a complete package of speed, comfort, handling and style.

The Greater Los Angeles Auto Show runs January 6-15, with media days January 4-5, at the Los Angeles Convention Center .

* Checkout our own MyCX7.com for all the latest info, specs and discussion on the new Mazda CX-7! :D

Mazda CX-7 Pre-Show Pics!
...and yes those are production pics!

010__scaled_600_001-1.jpg

002__scaled_600_004.jpg

mazda_cx7.jpg

Like the taillights a lot. The first two pics look real good, and the second shot makes it look real low. The side view reminds me a bit of a Subaru Tribeca, but overall, good looks.

the wheels are a wider spoke design of the ms6 wheels.... i like it, goin the way of the maruno, tribeca for sure... to bad they didn't release this a year ago...

I freaking love the thing. when I work at my mazda dealership I am gonna fill the lot with those cuz I want to see them everywhere

Back