Goodyear Eagle #1's

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
Anyone had any experiences with these tires? I had to get new ones because some asshole slashed my tires and they were pretty bare anyway. Im not sure if i like the yellow letters on the sidewall, but oh well. He gave em to me for a realllyyy good price, so i just took em. And they were brand new and in the rain today they already feel better than stock.

Are you talking about Goodyear Eagle F1 D3 tires in stock sizing?
Those are supposed to be an incredible wet tire.
The Eagle line has several models.

I'm not sure. Its stock size, and it has "goodyear eagle #1" on the side in yellow. They are pretty good tires in the rain cause its rained non stop today and already much better than stock.:-D

Hm, its not there. I think the guy said something about them not making them anymore or something. Im not sure. Ill take pictures tomorrow if it doesnt rain.

I am happy. I don't feel like im going to crash everytime I drive in the rain now, haha. I was just asking to see if anyone had any experiences with them.

carsandguitars5 said:
Hm, its not there. I think the guy said something about them not making them anymore or something. Im not sure. Ill take pictures tomorrow if it doesnt rain.

I'd like to see a full side (just rim and tire) and a closeup tread only. Thanks

Yellow letters? Sounds like the Goodyear Eagle #1 Nascar tire (does it say "Nascar" on the sidewall somewhere?). Don't know if they were offered in the stock size though...

If not, the yellow may just be a protectant that you can scrub off to show the white lettering.......

djp5 said:
Yellow letters? Sounds like the Goodyear Eagle #1 Nascar tire (does it say "Nascar" on the sidewall somewhere?). Don't know if they were offered in the stock size though...

djp5 said:

Thats what I was thinking, but it doesnt say NASCAR on it. I'm not so sure I like the yellow look, but oh well. I'll post pics tomorrow. Gotta go to work tonight.

Okay, here are the pics. After a little bit of searching I don't think they make these anymore. I'm not so into the yellow lettering, but lemme know what you guys think.

Attachments

• P1010010.JPG
    P1010010.JPG
    482.1 KB · Views: 217
  • P1010011.JPG
    P1010011.JPG
    301.1 KB · Views: 268
make sure you put some NASCAR stickers on your car.

can i see a pic of the whole car?

redwagon02 said:
make sure you put some NASCAR stickers on your car.

can i see a pic of the whole car?

Haha, youre funny. I'll post up a pic of her tomorrow. I need to wash her realllyyy bad, so yeah.

I actually saw tires like that on a pickup truck today!

I think they are just a really old model. If you look at the DOT code on the sidewall (the really long one, like 10 or 12 characters) the last 4 numbers tell the time of production. Like 3904 would mean produced the 39th week of 2004. Would be interesting to see how old they are.

Well it doesnt matter to me if theyre old or pickup truck tires, I can do 70+ in the rain and slam on the brakes and I'm not leavin the road, which is wayyy more than I can say for the Dunflops.

Back