need to replace clutch yet agian!!

^tyrant^

Ok right now i got a Spec stage 1, and its sliping soon as i hit any boost whats so ever.

im putting down just shy of 200whp and from what ive read and have been told the spec stage 1 should be fine, but currently its not.

So ive been looking at act and cm, but i cant seem to get a stright answer on the ratings for them.

Ive seen a site saying the Act Torque Capacity: 268 ft/lbs. and another one says 300.

and as for the cm stage 3 the same thing, one site says 270 ft/lbs. CMs site doesnt give real number just Holding capacity 110% over stock

And i need to pick one ASAP cus now its starting to slip when not in boost.

Any info that you can share would greatly help me picking one.

-Ron

have a fellow 6 owner in our local mazda club that just had a spec stage 1 clutch bite the big one, and he had 12k miles on it...sounds like spec is having some clutch issues... (boom07)

ya ive only had it in for maybe 9 months, dont know how many miles i put on it, but i never realy got a change to romp on it hard.

yea the 6 owner i know of never was really hard on his, and i am still baffeled as to why his went out...

Brian MP5T said:
I have an act Stage IIr and I love it.

Do you know what ratings are on that?

im looking for something that is going to hold more then i would ever be able to hit, just so i dont have to do this a 3rd time,..

AzMz6 said:
...sounds like spec is having some clutch issues... (boom07)

I have had a Spec Stage 3 Hybrid in my car for the past year and have put 45k miles on it with no problems. I dont know if I just have some kind of luck mechanically with my car or what..

is the bybrid the one with the 6 puck? cus i dont want that for sure, i do too much driving in stop and go traffic for that crap.

my car maybe soon seeing near 400whp (engine rebuild soon + other goodies), what clutch should I get? Should the flywheel be upgraded as well? I know Nick will give me the answers but I'm just anxious to see what other people have to say.

My stock clutch held better than my ACT street clutch.

heh, so did mine, this spec one died so fast i was like WTF, its sucks so bad right now, i think im going to get the CM one, been doing lots of reading and its like $20 more tehn ACT, but it will be worth it if it holds better.

^tyrant^ said:
is the bybrid the one with the 6 puck? cus i dont want that for sure, i do too much driving in stop and go traffic for that crap.

with the hybrid you wont even know you changed the clutch, no difference in the feel whatsoever from what I could tell, well other than it held up much better

^tyrant^ said:
heh, so did mine, this spec one died so fast i was like WTF, its sucks so bad right now, i think im going to get the CM one, been doing lots of reading and its like $20 more tehn ACT, but it will be worth it if it holds better.

Did you put a new flywheel in at the same time, or have the stock one resurfaced?

Yeah, I have a spec stage 2 in my car now and it will hold when I'm not really beating on the car......Needless to say I'm not to impressed with Spec clutches at all.the stock clutch was alot stronger IMO.The next clutch that,I put in here will be an Exedy clutch the,stock clutch was made by the same company that makes exedy. deiken(sp) clutch so I think the next one will hold up.

Anyways,Good luck with your problems man.

BlkZoomZoom said:
Did you put a new flywheel in at the same time, or have the stock one resurfaced?

Ya put in a spec lightweight at the same time, and its proboly going to need to get turned, atleast i hope i can get it turned.

I have the spec stage 3 hybrid and it feels great. I have about 1500 miles on it and feels easier than stock to push in but engages really strong. Hasn't seen boost yet though. Soon it will and then I really now the quality of it.

has anyone that hasnt been to the track blown their stock clutch cause I put mine through lots of fun and it holds fine. Must be the hard launches.

First one in

Production kit

exedymsp.JPG

My prototype kit
exedytest.jpg

Back