Intermittent vibration?

zoomzoom02

:
Protege ES
*Backround* - Over 2 years ago, I hit a curb really hard driving at 50mph. It bent the crap outta my rim, so I got new rims. Ever since then my car pulls to the right really hard (I can exit the interstate or make turns just by letting go).

I have had a vibration in my steering wheel ever since then also. The vibration only shows itself starting at 65ish mph, and is most prevalent at 75mph. And by vibration, I mean hard vibration. I have gotten used to it, but recently I bought some new tires and it is doing an intermittent vibration now. Vibrates hard for a second then stops for a second...etc etc. I have no idea what it is. Seeing if anyone had any ideas?

vibration? pulling? sounds like you whacked something out of alignment.

take it to a good shop and have them check the suspension. this is probably not anything you can fix yourself, and it's not going to go away.

Yeah I have tried to get it aligned and they told me that they couldn't fix it. I guess I will just have to take it somewhere and shell out a lot of cash.

To a brake max or something. It has been forever ago, but I think they told me that the toe is out of wack and they can't adjust it. I need to take it to a real shop, just dreading how much it will cost.

mine is kinda like that -- pulls to the right but not as bad as yours sounds -- and i get little vibrations over 45 and it seems to be worse sometimes when i accelerate --

its been aligned twice by 2 different shops and i just put on new wheels and tires -- so it shouldnt be the balancing -- (dunno)

Back