Factory Alarm - Can Horn be Replaced by Siren?

SVOGT

:
'87 Mustang GT - '98.5 E1 CSVT - '06 MS6 -'12 Boss 302
Anyone know if a 'chirping siren' can be installed in place of horn beeping when you lock the doors and If the car gets broken into, etc? Would the manual have the wiring for a Speed6? Thanx... Horn beeping is beat.

SVOGT said:
Anyone know if a 'chirping siren' can be installed in place of horn beeping when you lock the doors and If the car gets broken into, etc? Would the manual have the wiring for a Speed6? Thanx... Horn beeping is beat.

If your horn beeps like it does on my protege when the alarm is set off, it's much more (pardon the pun) alarming than any siren I've heard. I forget what Mazda calls it, but it is a random beeping pattern designed to sound like someone frantically hitting the horn from inside the car.

a horn is better than a siren ;) most people get acustomed to a car alarm going off as an nucence nobody cares to investigate what set it off "this time".

Da 6 said:
a horn is better than a siren ;) most people get acustomed to a car alarm going off as an nucence nobody cares to investigate what set it off "this time".

And the Protege alarm is amazing because it frantically beeps the horn without any noticeable pattern so no one thinks that it is an alarm. The 6 alarm is probably like that too right?

Nope Horn sounds better but does nothing for distingushing(sp) it's self from a car alarm steady tone. I should know cause double tapping the keyfob or accidentaly turning the key to lock instead of unlock sets it off.

*Mental note.....need to turn sensitivty down eventualy*

Last edited:
Back