What have you done to your P5 today?

Definitely a possibility, I'm at college now though so I'm driving maybe once every two weeks, so I'm not too worried.

Dang I kinda wish I only drove that little. I drive to campus everyday and to work sometimes twice a day. Granted it's no more than 4 miles one way, but if I work my pizza job that's hella more miles. Saturday I worked 8 hours of driving and put on 150 miles, all in town!

So the ticking noise i posted about a week or two ago at this point seems to have gotten either louder, or I can just hear it all the time. Someone had already suggested timing belt (which it very well may be as I have no recollection of replacing it ever), but looking into "Ticking noises engines make", it seems that another answer could be loose tappets in the valvetrain. It got me thinking, as I know maintenance is good but i'd rather buy what i need and do it then, as money isnt raining down on me atm haha.

Have any of you guys heard of that or tightened/cleaned/whatever is needed to fix that? If it helps, i can take another video of it tonight or tomorrow and post it, but its a ticking noise that increases with acceleration, seems to be coming from the cam area (that half of the engine for sure), and I can hear it when music is off and idling with the windows down. Its also rather prevalent when i go by parked cars with the windows down and it echoes..

I decided to start my heap after letting it sit for 3 and a half months. Battery was dead, so I jumped it. It still run but now on top of all the other stuff I need/want to get done to her I also need exhaust work. I have a huge exhaust leak some where near the end of the header. My wife said it sounds like a beast. Way too loud but a beast none the less.

Likely the J-pipe flange. Mine did that not long after I got the car.

Changed her oil, switched over to mobile 1 full synthetic from semi-synthetic. Gave her a wash. Bone stock for now aside from a K&N drop in, but holy hell i love my P5 daily.

wF79UHt.jpg

2kPOYZA.jpg

Finally had some free time with my daughter home to apply the chassis saver. Schlacked it on nice and thick in the cargo area and hit up the rocker panel on the DS very well also. Used some red rustoleum as a top coat for the rocker panel area and very surprised at the color match. Now I'm just letting her air out before I re-install the rear panels.

Also removed the DaveB polished rings. They'll be going up f/s soon.

Likely the J-pipe flange. Mine did that not long after I got the car.

My only hope is that it will be cheap and easy. I am about to drop ~650 bucks on the old girl as it is and then off to the exhaust shop for more spending.

Tinted tail lights and front reflectors gave her a wash and over the weekend put on MSP wheels

Tinted tail lights and front reflectors gave her a wash and over the weekend put on MSP wheels

Last edited:
SR Motorsports CAMs are officially in and the car is finally back to running smooth and oil leak free.

Getting front struts and lower control arms replaced under warranty. Bit wild having warranty still(extended through USAA) that is replacing things for free and without hassle. Has already paid for itself.

Just finished removing the pinstripe on my Black Mica 03, and also just got my Rally Armor Universal mud flaps today. Tried to install them but could only manage to get the front two on because I had nothing to lift the rear of the car and remove the wheels :( They person I bought it from didn't give me a jack or crowbar.....

getting really tired of dealing with all the problems the p5 has been giving me. on top of that i was driving on the freeway today and a semi truck kicked up a piece of tire.

002f70t.jpg

so now i need a new lower grill, repaint the msp lip, attempt to remount the s204 rep, and i'm pretty sure the mounting bolts behind the drivers side duct are ripped off.

s*** like this ALWAYS happens when I have midterms, go figure.

debating on if i should just part the car out and get rid of it for something else...

Back