Port 85 WTF?

chuyler1

goes to eleven
:
2013 CX-9
So it took me about a day to realize my firewall was blocking the images on this site. Since when are they coming through port 85? Has anyone else had a problem with this? Is this something new because I didn't have this issue before I moved into my new condo.

(confused)

Enry has done some tweaking with the server setup and Apache to improve overall site performance...your problem could be related to that...I would PM enry ASAP!

Yeah, I get the same thing. No images, long loading and timeouts, and it even sometimes closes all my IE windows that I have open when I try and refresh. I'm lucky that I even got to a reply page. I'm hoping this goes through.

Mozilla Firefox has no problems for me at home. I use IE at work and it's been doing the same things you guys are saying.

It has nothing to do with the browser.

If you have a firewall that blocks outgoing traffic except for port 80 then the images will not load. However, if you have a proxy in addition to the firewall, http traffic is usually redirected to port 80 so it can get through.

I just opened port 85 on my firewall so this would work. Anyone else having trouble should do the same.

i'm having the problem at work, at home everything is fine. i spend a lot of my day at work on here so it's a big problem for me

Back