Low beam headlight replacement

jon77

Is it just me or are the stock low beams a pain to replace? Maybe I'm just missing something. Is there a trick to getting the little metal clip off without it falling into the headlight housing? The passenger side is especially difficult with the windshield washer filler in the way.

Thanks

No, you're not missing anything, that little clip is a b****!!! It is hinged to the housing so you don't have to worry about losing it. The exact procedure is in the owner's manual but as I recall, it involves pushing in and down to release it. Your working blind and the wire digs into your fingertips.

That's gotta be one sadistic Mazda engineer !!!

Glad to hear I'm not alone.

Unfortunately, the little clip came off, so I have to try to put it back in.

so it it actually came off then dude you need to remove the whole headlight assembly and screw it back on , mine actually broke and I MCGUYVER that sh@#$it back in again out of thin metal strips lol!!

I have always used a pair of needle nose pliers to take the clip off and put it back on. It has always seemed to work well for me without any problems.

I will probably just take the headlight assembly out. Anyone have any good instructions for doing that?

Back