Subaru to show three-door, hybrid hatchback concept at upcoming Tokyo show

mikeyb

Contributor
:
01 BMW 325xi Touring
<TABLE class=ImageBox><TBODY><TR><TD>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Subaru to show three-door, hybrid hatchback concept at upcoming Tokyo show

AUTOWEEK
Posted Date: 9/28/05
At the 39th Tokyo Motor Show, Subaru will show a concept car called B5-TPH, a three-door hatchback equipped with a turbocharged 2.0-liter flat four and parallel hybrid systems.

Subaru said it wanted to do a car for long-weekend getaways for couples, and thus designed a cross between a sport wagon and SUV. Incorporating Subarus Symmetrical All Wheel Drive (AWD), the concept car provides an efficiency and comfort glimpse of a future sport specialty car that further enriches the efficiency and comfort.

The turbo parallel hybrid (TPH) power train combines an electric motor and the boxer turbo engine.

Subaru will also have a technology exhibit called IVX-II meant to demonstrate the companys improved frontal recognition sensors including two stereo cameras and a radar unit. The new cameras can detect multiple objects, road traffic lines, and road conditions, and calculates the distance between the car and an object as well as the relative speed with which another car is approaching.

Subaru will also show the Blitzen touring wagon based on the Legacy, the R1 electric vehicle, and a prototype of the companys 2006 World Rally car.

The show is open to the public in Makuhari Messe, Chiba from October 19 to November 6. Be sure to stop back to AutoWeek for more during the show press days, beginning October 18.

source:http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=103251

Straight out of a 50's Sci fi Flick

a Cheesy 50's Sci Fi Flick

nice concept car .. this definatelly brings something new .. i dont care whether its right new or bad new but something i havent seen anyone else do

particularly the rear lights are interesting who needs big ass lamps that cost hundreds a piece to replace when you can have some nice LEDs

i dont get the boat looking chassy though .. is this targetted at new orleans buyers?

Are any production cars using LEDs for headlights yet?

dupa12345 said:
....particularly the rear lights are interesting who needs big ass lamps that cost hundreds a piece to replace when you can have some nice LEDs /QUOTE]

i hated the new front end when i saw it in magazines. it looks mean as hell in person. pictures do it no justice. if i could go back, i would have bought one

Back