Yellow 2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege Picture Gallery

JasonH

Check out all the yellow 2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege pics here:

2003.5 Mazdaspeed Gallery

These are 25% of original size and came directly from the Mazdaspeed NAIAS CD. Obviously, the orange one that was posted earlier was just a bad picture or something.

7_8%20view%20front%20static.jpg

The more I look at the yellow (and the style of the 2003.5) the more I like it. I think Mazda screwed up making me wait this long. I now have the option of the 2003 orange, the 2003.5 yellow or titanium and whatever they announce for 2004 (hopefully next month and hopefully some info on the 2004 Mazdaspeed 3.)

glad to finally have the color of that pic cleared up. i must say im not a huge fan of the color yellow but on the MSP it looks good.

Those pictures are pretty nice, I really like the shift knob and the boot, the yellow stitching adds a touch. And I like how the pedals say Mazdaspeed on them. Little details that I'm sure people wouldnt notice but still nice.

When i first saw the front bumper in the pictures, i didn't like it..
When i first saw the car at Detroit Auto Show, i liked it..
With this pictures that you posted JasonH, i simply love the front end! My God, she looks good!!! :eek: (thumb) (guns)

I really think that Mazda has perfected this '03.5 version!
With Aluminum piping on the intercooler and intake...
New front bumper and rear skirt with a spoiler that looks good on that angle. Let's just hope that this 'clunk' situation isn't on this '03.5's too....

Those wheels don't even look gunmetal... But beautiful wheels nonetheless..(2thumbs)

I wonder how the '03.5 would look in Spicy Orange? :D 10X better!

It doesn't have metal intake tubing in the picture on the CD.

engine.jpg

I think the show car(s) did because they were reusing parts from previous show cars.

Beautifull, you can even see the pearl in this yellow, which ofcourse is not in our P5's yellow. Nice.

The front has really grown on me as well. I really like the new Mazdaspeed shift knob and pedals. I still don't really like the spoiler. The color looks really nice. Can't wait to see it in person. Thanks for the pics!

I'm hearing rumours from people in Vancouver that some of the 2003.5's have already arrived at port ... but I have no way of verifying this. Check mpsport.net for updates maybe as there are people who check the ports quite often.

The titanium gray is badddassssssss

They still need to upgrade the seats to some nice Recaros or something .. the 'speed must have the worst seats of any "performance" sedan on the market right now...

Oh, and it would be nice if they made the steering wheel telescoping ... because I need to try and fit a spacer in my mp3 to give a better driving position.

Last edited:
:eek: :eek:
Wow, those are some great pics of the titanium. It really looks dark in that top picture, but I think that is the lighting.
If it didn't have the spoiler, it'd be the ultimate sleeper! Very stealthy!
If it had silver stitching in place of the yellow stitching (I'm assuming the grey cars will have the same yellow stitching as the yellow cars, right) I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
The orange cars are gorgeous, but I can't decide if I'd like the attention or not.
LOL, I wish someone would post a picture of the titanium car, where I'd say "Damn, that thing is ugly" and settle on the orange. :p
Now for the million dollar question:
Does anyone know if the 2003.5's are going to be priced the same as the 2003's?

Grimace said:
Now for the million dollar question:
Does anyone know if the 2003.5's are going to be priced the same as the 2003's? [/B]
Seeing as how many dealers will probably have 2003s and 2003.5s sitting side-by-side on their lots, I would certainly thihnk so.

THE 2003.5 are at Vancouver... I've known that they were on a boat almost a month ago, heading towards BC from Japan, but I couldn't say anything. So yes, they must be there by now. At lease the grey ones are. Yellow I don't know. Grey ones aren't being touched until orange ones are all done and gone.

Dealers can't order grey ones yet. Mazda is not letting them until orange ones are all shipped.

this picture here really shows what the guys were talking about. That the front bumper is really just a normal P5 bumper with a bolt on lip....interesting. I wonder how small it makes the fog light holes.
ducting.jpg

newf said:
THE 2003.5 are at Vancouver... I've known that they were on a boat almost a month ago, heading towards BC from Japan, but I couldn't say anything. So yes, they must be there by now. At lease the grey ones are. Yellow I don't know. Grey ones aren't being touched until orange ones are all done and gone.

Dealers can't order grey ones yet. Mazda is not letting them until orange ones are all shipped.
So this means Canadian dealers are for sure getting Titanium MSP's? Hmm...

it's a done deal, canada is getting half and half this time. We're not getting shafted this time :)

I tell ya though, for someone that had his mind made up on the orange, I'm screwed now....back to square one.

Back