The Progression of my V.1 Street Sleeper Turbo build

2 more items to check off the list...

My SPEC Stage II+ and MSP transaxle went in today... :)

Dcp_0174copy.jpg

I'm happy with this clutch so far. It's much softer than what I expected to be a harsh engagement. Me likey! Tranny is a bit notchy but I'm putting some Amsoil MTF in so that will hopefully change.

The next dumb question...

I've got this really nice 9" SPAL fan with the kit that has a connector plug on it. Where does this plug into? Or, does it have to be cut off and the wires spliced into something else? Can't find any detailed info on installing this piece.

mspeedP5 said:
I've got this really nice 9" SPAL fan with the kit that has a connector plug on it. Where does this plug into? Or, does it have to be cut off and the wires spliced into something else? Can't find any detailed info on installing this piece.

Splice it into your AC cooling fan harness.

Mental Addiction said:
Splice it into your AC cooling fan harness.

Okay, so just to be sure, would that be this?...

Attachments

• Dcp_0190 copy.jpg
    Dcp_0190 copy.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 410
Okay thanks. Now I see that this car has two fans. Do I need to have two? Or is one sufficient, and if so, do you recommend mounting it on the passenger side, driver side or in the middle?
(Just making sure. :) )

Dumb Question #12... :)

I have 2 hose barbs on both the BOV and WG. Where do these connect too? (I have numbered each one for reference in the pics attached). I know there are 3 ports on the Vacuum block. I have used one for my boost gauge...

Attachments

• BOV.jpg
    BOV.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 325
  • WG.jpg
    WG.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 316
mspeedP5 said:
I have 2 hose barbs on both the BOV and WG. Where do these connect too? (I have numbered each one for reference in the pics attached). I know there are 3 ports on the Vacuum block. I have used one for my boost gauge...

We did not offer that type of BOV. Read the instructions on what the ports are for for it.As for the WG, the top port is used with a boost controler. The lower port is where the vaccum line needs to go.

Mental Addiction said:
We did not offer that type of BOV.

Really Beau? I was led to believe that this was part of the Sleeper kit that MURDA bought from you (and that I then bought from him). I need all the help I can get here. There were no BOV instructions with the kit.

mspeedP5 said:
Really Beau? I was led to believe that this was part of the Sleeper kit that MURDA bought from you (and that I then bought from him). I need all the help I can get here. There were no BOV instructions with the kit.

I do not know who Murda is. What is his real name?
What BOV is it?

Countdown is on...

I just confirmed my shop time at ZENSPORT for my install and tuning of the Sleeper Kit. Friday April 7! Woot! Can't wait!

Now another stupid question... I normally fill my car with regular gas. Should I plan on having the tank empty to put a higher octane gas in for when the kit is in and they are tuning? Or will it be okay on plain old regular unleaded?

yeah, definitely run 91/93 octane through your engine before you start to run with the turbo setup. there still may be deposits from the fuel, and it will allow your engine to adjust to the higher octane of the fuel you will be using from now on

Back