Amp remote turn on wire?

cynth

I own a P5 and want to hook up my amp/sub.

I have everything working but... because I have the amp's remote turn on wire connected to the battery, the amp never turns off which is no good. Where can I connect the amp's remote wire so the amp turns off when the ignition is off? I do not have an aftermarket head unit and I remember all aftermarket decks having a special "remote turn on" wire on their harness. Does the stock p5 head unit have a wire where I can hook the remote wire up to?

tia! :)

the only wire that i can think of that would work in a similar way to a remote wire on an aftermarket head unit would be the actual ignition on wire that sends the power to the factory head unit when you turn the key to run. I would think the only way to do it would be to tap that wire. I am not sure what wire it is. You would either have to have the service manual or a wire tester/probe. thats about all i know.
Mike

Ps- I saw a post a while back, i will see if i can find it. it shows the factory wire harness and what each wire does. Lemme search.

thx mike!

I'm curious, the pink/black wire from the stock harness.. ummm pin #10 accessory wire? I wonder if I can tap into that one....

thats the one I was thinking, lemme guess you found the picture before me, anyhow here it is.
Thanks for the person who made that. I am not sure who it is. I was just referencing.
Mike

Attachments

• g1.jpg
    g1.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 680
If you also want to aviod removing the radio you can use the Accessory wire, black/white, found in the ignition harness.

Back