Whistling sound when driving faster than 90 or so

:
2003 Black MSP
Anyone else have this problem? it seems to happen when i am on the highway going 85 plus, i hear a loud whistle, what the hell is up with that

Yep, you have an air leak around the windshield seal. Mine did the same thing until the glass was replaced. Mine would do it when a large truck passed and the downdraft would hit the car or of course at higher speeds.

yashooa said:
Yep, you have an air leak around the windshield seal. Mine did the same thing until the glass was replaced. Mine would do it when a large truck passed and the downdraft would hit the car or of course at higher speeds.

Dammn, is that something i really have to worry about or no? I kind of thought it was something like that, atleast its nothing too serious... right? lol :confused:

It never did leak water it just made a whistle from time to time or when ever I went fast enough to force air through it. I don't know if it would leak at high speed in the rain I never drove 90 while it was wet out :)

Alpinejwl said:
do you have a roof rack? they make noise too....
No he has an MSP and I know the difference between the MSP airleak and the PR-5 rack noise as my wiife had a PR-5 :)
There has been a small issue among some MSP owners where air will leak through a pin-hole sized opening when there is sufficent airpressure to do so.
It is very obvious mine would pulse as each wave of air from a semi would blast down upon my car. Not enough to leak water but under the right conditions air will get through producing the high pitched whistle.

mine makes that whistle too, but too lazy to go try and recreate it to get it fixed. but i live in florida, so maybe my windshield will break . here in florida isnsurance has to pay 100 percent to fix a frint winshield

Back