Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3

Not with that specific model, but I've learned it's generally a good idea to stay the hell away from good years street tires.

why's that? bad quality? i've read good reviews about those tires, but i haven't heard of many people using them.

Excellent tire. Just as good if not better than the Bridgestone Potenza SO-3's.

I have delt with both and the F1's dont let go under extreme cornering.

they are comparable to the bfg kdw2's that i have. great tires IMO. i think the F1's are a little better for dry where as the KDW2's are a little better for wet. i would recommend them to anyone looking for a high performance tire

Goodyears are not bad street tires. I have a set of the F1's on my MSP. A much better tire overall then the stock ones. No problems in any setting, dry-wet-cornering. I have heard that some people that AutoX don't like them, but thats not an issue for me. I love them and will buy another set. I bought them from Tirerack and got a $75 rebate from Goodyear. If you want a quiet high performance tire, this is the one to get.

DAWIV said:
Goodyears are not bad street tires. I have a set of the F1's on my MSP. A much better tire overall then the stock ones. No problems in any setting, dry-wet-cornering. I have heard that some people that AutoX don't like them, but thats not an issue for me. I love them and will buy another set. I bought them from Tirerack and got a $75 rebate from Goodyear. If you want a quiet high performance tire, this is the one to get.

Echoing dawiv, but my experience is not as an owner. An acquantance has a set and has commented that: a) the ride is quiet for a high perf tire, b) the sidewalls are a little soft, which makes for a smoother than expected ride but gives up a little while cornering, c) they stick like crazy which makes up for sidewalls in the twisties. This combo appeals to me in a non-autox application.

I don't know. If given the chance I'd like to drive his car and see for myself. Otherwise tires any of us ever get is based on hearsay. They are Goodyears, but they're designed and made in Germany, through GY's Euro wing.

Doug

Back