Eratic idle and cel code 171 fixed.

:
Nissan, Sentra SE-R
I just bought my msp not even two months ago and a couple days ago i started getting a cel so i ran the code with my scanner and it pulled code po171 which is running too lean (bank1) and my idle would act funny jumping from 700-400 and so forth like you would find with a bad idle air control motor. I was getting fustrated because i checked for vaacuum leaks but never noticed anything. I did the reset computer and all that stuff then today i was messing with a vacuum hose that comes off the throttle body and goes to that control valve because it looked like it had been tapped into previously by the last owner for probably a boost guage so i checked it with the engine running and when i moved it i heard a loud whistle and sure enough the hose was split right at the on the throttle body, almost half way torn. Replaced that and bingo, no more bad idle. Smoother than when i got the car and i reset the computer and no more cel. I just figured i would post this to help anyone else out that has this problem. Make sure all your vac lines are in good shape and connected.

good stuff man.....go and figure i ran into this same problem as we speak, and sure enough i ran that same code. Came to the forum to research and your thread was the only one that solved my stuff

Back