ROCKBLOCKER smoked tail lights

RockBlocker said:
Arent the headlights for the 2000 protege different than the MSP since there is a turn signal built in the 2000?? If so I dont have that template.

Yeah. The headlights for the MSP are different. The headlights and corner lights are all in one piece. Whereas, the 2000 model has the headlights and corner lights separate. I sent you my corner light for you to do a template. I have yet to get my hands on an extra 99-00 headlight to send to you as well.

real quick (sorry had to run to work) is the smoked the darkest or are they offered in charcoal?

thanks once again
rob

Comparing the smoked tint and charcoal tint, how much more darker is the charcoal than the smoked? Would having the charcoal on the headlamps make it illegal? How much light would be blocked?

ok, sorry that is why i was waiting...... i will call tomorrow
rob

thanks abt the compliments on the car.....i figured i would make a recent pic as a sig finially

RockBlocker said:
Smoked is 20% Tint

Charcoal is 35% Tint

CHARCOAL IS DARKER THAN SMOKED

Well, I figured the charcoal is darker... I just wanted to know if Im going to be illegal with the charcoal tint on the tailights and headlights. Would that be too dark?

steve_protege said:
Well, I figured the charcoal is darker... I just wanted to know if Im going to be illegal with the charcoal tint on the tailights and headlights. Would that be too dark?

We do not recommend using smoked on the headlights since it will cut down on light output, but you can do whatever you want. Same goes for the tails.

RockBlockergirl said:
We do not recommend using smoked on the headlights since it will cut down on light output, but you can do whatever you want. Same goes for the tails.

If you get the smoked on the headlamps, would it be wise to replace your headlight bulbs with brighter ones? Maybe like Xenon or Super White bulbs?

Also, how much is you partial paint protection system cost?

steve_protege said:
If you get the smoked on the headlamps, would it be wise to replace your headlight bulbs with brighter ones? Maybe like Xenon or Super White bulbs?

Also, how much is you partial paint protection system cost?

We wouldnt recomend using smoked on the headlights; it will reduce light by 20%. If you want to upgrade to new bulbs you can but we cant say that it will restore your light output.

For the partial paint protection, please check our Clear Bra Thread: http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118480

-Roxy

walternavy24@ya said:
i dont understand why u would sell something but not recommend it but good product

What dont you understand?? If anyone wants smoke they are more than welcome to it. We just want to make sure that people are aware that the light output will be effected with them. We learned long ago that a LOT of people think it will not effect the light output so we use this disclaimer now.

The clear doesnt change anything
The yellow gives a yellow hue to the road (highly recommded for fog lights)
The blue from what we are told by Mazda owners with it is that it improves lighting with HIDs or not at night
The smoke will cut down for sure.

Hope this helps clear anything up. We dont anyone driving blind and crash.

Chad

I took some more pictures in a different light setting of my smoked tails.

college828%20033%20(Medium).jpg
college828%20068%20(Medium).jpg

Some different angles on the blue headlight and fog light protective film.

college828%20005%20(Medium).jpg
college828%20016%20(Medium).jpg

Here is a shot of the rockblocker headlight protective film on a P5 and a Mazda 6. Keep in mind that we have painted the inside of our headlights black. If you have the stock headlights the blue will be more pronounced.

college828%20113%20(Medium).jpg
college828%20089%20(Medium).jpg

Back