Temperature display

roach4

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and i've decided to register because I got one big question...

I have a Mazda3 GS and I noticed that in the display (where the hello displays when you start the car) on the right side you can display temperature.

Anybody could point me to a "howto" or could give me more details about how I could add a temperature sensor and connect it to the display to have the outside temperature?

Thanks,

Roach4

It's been hashed, re-hashed, debated and discussed.

Basically, it ain't gonna happen. The wiring is not in place on North American cars because automatic climate control was not offered as an option.

The 2006 Mazda3 will have the ACC option, so people who don't get the ACC will simply be able to buy the temp sensor, plug it in and have the amb temp display work.

Your only option is to get one of the optional rear-wiew mirrors with temp display. But since it looks like you're in Canada, you can't even get that if you have the automatic wipers.

goldwing2000 said:
Your only option is to get one of the optional rear-wiew mirrors with temp display. But since it looks like you're in Canada, you can't even get that if you have the automatic wipers.

Just curious - Even if the option is not listed as available, wouldn't the wiring/connector still be at the dome light?

BrianG said:
Just curious - Even if the option is not listed as available, wouldn't the wiring/connector still be at the dome light?

Actually, the wiring/connector is not part of the factory installation at all. The mirror comes with a wiring harness that has to be laid in and routed down the a-pillar, tied into power and ground and run to the front of the car where the sensor is to be installed.

The reason it can't be installed with auto wipers is because the auto wiper sensor is located behind the factory mirror and blocks the installation of the new mirror.

yeah i was wondering about that. you can also see in the screen that it could display the settings of the climate controls. wonder why they dont and if it would be possible to do that.

They don't display the climate info for the same reason they don't display the outside temp. That is a function of the Automatic Climate Control and it is not available in North America until the 2006 model year.

And no, it would not be economical to retro-fit the system to an older vehicle.

If you want an outside temp. gauge, you could always get the mazda auto dim mirror installed. It has a temp gauge, compass, and if you wanted, home link.

Getting2knowMaz said:
If you want an outside temp. gauge, you could always get the mazda auto dim mirror installed. It has a temp gauge, compass, and if you wanted, home link.

Which is exactly what I said down on post #2.

That sucks that the rear view mirror with temp display is not compatible with the auto sensing wipers.

I would have expected them to design them both to not interfere with each other!

Will the mirror not physically fit?

djltoronto said:
Will the mirror not physically fit?

Exactly. The compass unit on the autodim mirror is attached to the part that mounts to the window, which is apparently where the rain sensor is also located.

Back