2006 Eclipse Gets Second Recall Since Introduction

mikeyb

Contributor
:
01 BMW 325xi Touring
LOS ANGELES, Calif. Mitsubishi has recalled the 2006 Eclipse for the second time since the model's May 19 introduction.

The company has already notified all 3,760 Eclipse owners.

The recall involves a potential brake failure that could be caused by the improper installation of a seal inside the master brake cylinder. This defect requires drivers to use more force when braking, increasing the braking distances of the vehicle.

Although a Mitsubishi spokesman noted to Automotive News that the Eclipse still meets federal braking regulations despite this problem, the company is bringing the vehicles back to dealerships to ensure there are no serious problems.

The previous recall, issued on May 24, was due to issues with the vacuum-brake booster. Mitsubishi claims the first recall has nothing in common with the current recall.

This recall covers all 2006 Eclipse models manufactured between March 30 and June 10.

What this means to you: Even though the 2006 Eclipse is a fine-looking vehicle, it seems the quality problems that nearly brought Mitsubishi to its knees have yet to be fully resolved.

<!-- end legacy --><!-- Footer content -->http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=106450

What a surprise, I'm sure Mitsu will sell lots of these(yeah right). They've put the final nail in the coffin, so to speak.

now i have to hunt down this hot girl i know because I have something to talk to her about lol

she has a blue gt.. its pretty nice looking

rx7eclipselaugh.gif

HAHA my FD would have never done that. The Evo is the only good mistubishi, they should just stop making all other cars, and spend all there money on making evos better.

Back