*UPDATED* Mazda 3 flip key *WORKING*

joepro

Rattleophobe
:
Soul Red Mica '16 Mazda CX-5 GT w/ Tech Package
I just bought it off ebay. It was originally bought from Japan, and was confirmed to work on taiwan's mazda3.

The seller was nice enough to offer a refund if the remote couldn't be programmed, as long as I didn't have the key cut.

Thanks to wongpres for confirming that it would most probably work in our NA-spec cars.

Attachments

• c6_1_b.jpg
    c6_1_b.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 1,592
Last edited:
MidnightSpeeder said:
joepro - Keep us updated on the situation.. this would be really cool to get the flip key working!

Will do. It should be here by the end of the week, or beginning of next at the latest.

there was a guy selling some 99-03 flipouts a while back. they had buttons on them but no electronics inside. I always wondered if i could take apart one of my key fobs and put the guts inside that flipout. anyone care to buy the parts and make a how-to??? that would be totally HOTT!

oh dude those are totally hot.
How much was them? do you have a link to the ebay seller?
if it can be programmed i'll jump on that. maybe we can even get a group buy.
whos in?

most of the newer mazdas are coming with those, mostly the MPVs and the RX8s and a few of the mazda 6s depending on what model you get

I think i'd be able to put the existing electronics into a new controller, assuming it wasn't impossible to fit them in there.

I would really like to have that...like an Audi key. I keep my car key and remote seperate from all my other keys anyways, so it'd be nice to have it all in one unit.

these units like to come apart, just to let you guys know
a few of the techs while pulling the key out of the door after unlocking it have found that the key likes to stay in the door, and they are just left holding the remote

Aricjm15 said:
these units like to come apart, just to let you guys know
a few of the techs while pulling the key out of the door after unlocking it have found that the key likes to stay in the door, and they are just left holding the remote

Damn. Where have you heard/seen this? Is it a specific model of the key (there appears to be different models) that is affected by it?

I hope they find a key that can get hooked up to a trunk release. Anyone see one of those for a 3?

joepro said:
Damn. Where have you heard/seen this? Is it a specific model of the key (there appears to be different models) that is affected by it?
i work at a dealer, the keys are ment to come apart so they can be cut, so its not like they are breaking, they are just not very strong

Back