How do I remove the rear bumper?

Nutari

Contributor
:
2010 Mazdaspeed3
Im test fitting my new rear bumper.. how do I take off the stock one?

Nutari said:
Im test fitting my new rear bumper.. how do I take off the stock one?

This might not be real helpful 'cause it's been awhile since I've removed mine... but there are some screws in the wheel well, a few along the top of the bumper (open the hatch and you'll see them), and there is one beneath each taillight...which means you gotta take the taillights off to get to those. I'm pretty sure that's all of them but I could be wrong... good luck!

http://protege5.ugly.net/

That site will tell you how to do it. I've looked at it cuz i dinged my rear bumper. and it's painful. everytime i look at my bumper i want to hit myself for not seeing a stupid concret/lightpole thingy. bah. i wanna switch out my bumper everytime i see it too.. =P good luck on yours.

Onatrum said:
This might not be real helpful 'cause it's been awhile since I've removed mine... but there are some screws in the wheel well, a few along the top of the bumper (open the hatch and you'll see them), and there is one beneath each taillight...which means you gotta take the taillights off to get to those. I'm pretty sure that's all of them but I could be wrong... good luck!

Correct, I believe its two in each wheel well, gotta kinda reach in at a weird angle, some under the tail lights and some visible when you open the hatch.

Back