driving with one missing lug nut?

Nomad

Contributor
I got my wheels today installed them and all was well until one rear lug nut that wheelmax sent me was the wrong Freakin thread pitch!!! I screwed it on about two threads and applied some force, unfortunately this stripped the outer threads of the wheel stud.

Now I have one stud with no lug on it on a Friday. I guess I have to go to the shop tomorrow and get a wheel stud put in and try to finda "tuner" lug nut to tide me over while I wait for Wheel Max to make this right...

:(

Driving with four lugs will be fine. Just get it fixed ASAP.

Wheelmax is paying for all the replacement parts too. Bastards.

How hard is it to replace wheel studs? I believe I have to dissasemble the rear brake, pound out the wheel stud (like driving a nail) and then slide the other stud into place.
Do I have to use a lugnut to tighten against the rotor which will pull the wheel stud into place in the hub? Then it should be pretty well seated into the hub correct?

Then install brakes and wheel as needed and replace with new lug nut.

Ha ha, yeah, I wanted to be sure I knew exactly what was going on since I didn't want to have to park it for the weekend.

Wheelmax is only going to send me one set of Gorilla lug nuts and the adaptor. That was after yelling at them for 30 minutes...

Back