Considering paying Georgia a visit

Scott

:
Nissan Cube/Honda Ruckus
Hey folks. I haven't taken any real time off since I went to SEMA last November. I'd really like to go somewhere I've never been before, and figured Atlanta was the closest place of interest to me. So, I think I'll probably be up there around the end of July or sometime in August.

I'm curious as to how often to the Atlanta-area Mazda folks meet up. I'd probably make a 2 or 3 day weekend of it and would love to hang out with some of you while I'm in town. Maybe someone could show me around, play tour guide and all that jazz. I'll buy the drinks. :)

Also, what are some fun touristy things to do while in the area? Remember, I've never been there before. The only things I've heard are interesting so far are Six Flags and Underground Atlanta. Also, where is a cheap place I can stay that won't result in me getting sodomized by hoodlums?

Thanks,
Scott

most of us meet every thursday in roswell. there is a meet there for any type of cars. as for tourist stuff, well we have a nice zoo, if your into symphony music, then there is the atlanta symphony which is pretty good. you could also go to white water which is pretty fun.

Scott said:
Hey folks. I haven't taken any real time off since I went to SEMA last November. I'd really like to go somewhere I've never been before, and figured Atlanta was the closest place of interest to me. So, I think I'll probably be up there around the end of July or sometime in August.

I'm curious as to how often to the Atlanta-area Mazda folks meet up. I'd probably make a 2 or 3 day weekend of it and would love to hang out with some of you while I'm in town. Maybe someone could show me around, play tour guide and all that jazz. I'll buy the drinks. :)

Also, what are some fun touristy things to do while in the area? Remember, I've never been there before. The only things I've heard are interesting so far are Six Flags and Underground Atlanta. Also, where is a cheap place I can stay that won't result in me getting sodomized by hoodlums?

Thanks,
Scott
Scott, you should enjoy your visit up here, we get together pretty regularly, large meets usually monthly and there is a fair showing every Thursday night at a meeting spot. There is a growing group of Autoxers, and we try to do mountain runs whenever we can get a couple of cars together on the weekend. Most of us talk to each other regularly so just let us know the date you are coming and we'll be sure to show you around, I love the city so I could show you some stuff and everybody knows good roads, I have an extra bedroom if it came down to you needing a place, just no hitting on my wife. let us know what's up and we'll plan accordingly. C-ya, also named Scott.

Hmm..Where is Roswell in relation to Atlanta? Is it a suburb?

And I'm guessing White Water is a waterpark?

Scott,

Awesome, sounds good. As soon as I get my work schedule sorted out, I will certainly let you all know. My mom went to college in Atlanta and always tells me how much fun it was, and that she's amazed I've never driven up there before.

Oh, and I know I also have to stock up on Everclear (since they only sell 150 proof here in Florida).

And I am TOTALLY up for some mountain runs. As you can imagine, that's a luxury we don't get to enjoy here in Florida.

Last edited:
Let me know the exact dates you plan on coming...
I'll set-up a Mountain meet... (my suspension is going on this/next week!)

I hope you enjoy your stay.

Prodigy said:
Let me know the exact dates you plan on coming...
I'll set-up a Mountain meet... (my suspension is going on this/next week!)

I hope you enjoy your stay.

Will do. Hopefully I'll have either my full GTSPEC suspension or some Tein SS coils by then (or maybe both!).

Scott said:
Hmm..Where is Roswell in relation to Atlanta? Is it a suburb?

And I'm guessing White Water is a waterpark?

Scott,

Awesome, sounds good. As soon as I get my work schedule sorted out, I will certainly let you all know. My mom went to college in Atlanta and always tells me how much fun it was, and that she's amazed I've never driven up there before.

Oh, and I know I also have to stock up on Everclear (since they only sell 150 proof here in Florida).

And I am TOTALLY up for some mountain runs. As you can imagine, that's a luxury we don't get to enjoy here in Florida.
I live in Roswell and work in the city, on a normal day I can drive there in 15 or less, but there is traffic during the week, and unfortunately on the weekends they have decided to fix every road in the state, but its still not bad. White water is our version of the beach, we have Savannah and a little coast over there, but that is a bit of a drive, its easier for me just to head down to Navarre and the Gulf of Mehico. Anyways you get the point. Mid-town has some nice clubs/bars/resturants, how old are you? Buckhead used to be in, when I was in college, but now its as much fun as a gang riot, still visit there occaionally for a bachelor party or two. I actually met my wife at a club there, sorry I ramble, several of the bars in buckhead closed down, others opened up in Underground, haven't been there since they revamped it (Underground), the other hot spot is the "Virginia Highlands" nice bars usually overpriced and a lot of yuppies. Olympic Park is nice and they have free concerts downtown courtesy of 99X radio staion (check em out at 99x.com) every friday of the summer, I am def. going to see Weezer when they hit it. Its called downtown rocks. Sixflags is cool , but sucks when it is busy and you have to wait in line for everything. Best bet would be to catch a ball game hit some bars/clubs, drive in the mountains and just hang out and see Atlanta. sorry I talk too much. Scott

Velocifero said:
I live in Roswell and work in the city, on a normal day I can drive there in 15 or less, but there is traffic during the week, and unfortunately on the weekends they have decided to fix every road in the state, but its still not bad. White water is our version of the beach, we have Savannah and a little coast over there, but that is a bit of a drive, its easier for me just to head down to Navarre and the Gulf of Mehico. Anyways you get the point. Mid-town has some nice clubs/bars/resturants, how old are you? Buckhead used to be in, when I was in college, but now its as much fun as a gang riot, still visit there occaionally for a bachelor party or two. I actually met my wife at a club there, sorry I ramble, several of the bars in buckhead closed down, others opened up in Underground, haven't been there since they revamped it (Underground), the other hot spot is the "Virginia Highlands" nice bars usually overpriced and a lot of yuppies. Olympic Park is nice and they have free concerts downtown courtesy of 99X radio staion (check em out at 99x.com) every friday of the summer, I am def. going to see Weezer when they hit it. Its called downtown rocks. Sixflags is cool , but sucks when it is busy and you have to wait in line for everything. Best bet would be to catch a ball game hit some bars/clubs, drive in the mountains and just hang out and see Atlanta. sorry I talk too much. Scott

Well, that was a mouthful. :p

Anyways, yes I'm all up for hitting up some bars at night (I'm 22, so I am of legal drinking age). Clubs and everything are cool too. I don't drink excessively very often (not by my choice. I have a gimp liver), but I still like to go out to places like that regardless.

I don't really care too much about going to the beach, as I live 15 minutes from the Atlantic Ocean as it is. And besides, I plan to do the Atlantic Coast Highway for my vacation next year (drive the coastal highways from Florida to New England).

So yeah, I'll just have to figure out when is best for me to make my way up there and put in for the time off from work here.

I am shocked that this hasn't been mentioned yet. Guys,w what are we doing at the end of July/beggining of august...? Think really hard, are there any big plans for the end of July? Say around the 29th, 30th, and 31st? Anyone remember? (Ben Stein voice) Anyone? Anyone?

Check my sig.

Scott pretty much summed things up. Don't forget Andretti's in Roswell (http://andrettikarting.com/ ) ...awsome place to drop a few bucks.

Atlanta has a hell of a night life, IMO. If you're into techno-Trance/Hard Trance/House, the places to be are Club Compound and eleven50. I can't get any of the local guys to go (except Luke, but I think I scared him away when I got kicked out of eleven50 after 9 Grey Goose and Red Bulls in about 2.5 hrs).

kcbhiw said:
Scott pretty much summed things up. Don't forget Andretti's in Roswell (http://andrettikarting.com/ ) ...awsome place to drop a few bucks.

Atlanta has a hell of a night life, IMO. If you're into techno-Trance/Hard Trance/House, the places to be are Club Compound and eleven50. I can't get any of the local guys to go (except Luke, but I think I scared him away when I got kicked out of eleven50 after 9 Grey Goose and Red Bulls in about 2.5 hrs).
Hell man, I didn't know you went out to clubs that didn't have cars involved, me and Gabi (my wife, in case you forgot) will go out to 1150 sometime, I haven't been there in a really long time, I used to go there and the Velvet Room then late night at the Rivera. We'll talk about it and get some people to go out.

SilverBulletES said:
2 words: Pink Pony
Hey the pony is the best club in Atlanta and I am being serious. Those girls are at least half way decent and they usually make nice strong drinks there.

Back