Thanks FIA

low_psi

Contributor
:
ms|slowtege #399
Indy...

Ugh, dissapointing day... although I still wish I would have gone.(poke)

Not really the FIA's fault but meh

Last edited:
Action Jackson said:
wOOt 6 cars!

They should have brought in the pace cars to participate.
Unless they were running Michelins too....(hand)

(rofl2)

would have gotten 7th place, not bad.

mx3ownzj00 said:
Ugh, dissapointing day... although I still wish I would have gone.(poke)

Not really the FIA's fault but meh

It was not remotely the FIA's fault. I read the statement made by Whiting in response to Michelin's requests, and I think he was ABSOLUTELY correct in what he said and how. What made Michelin think that there was ANY real chance of their plan going thru is beyond me...

The race was very disappointing, but the ONLY people at fault were Michelin because they did not prepare properly. Think about it this way: the tires were failing IMMEDIATELY once at speed, so they would have been grossly unsatisfactory even under last year's tire rules. WTF Michelin????

scapamouche said:
It was not remotely the FIA's fault. I read the statement made by Whiting in response to Michelin's requests, and I think he was ABSOLUTELY correct in what he said and how. What made Michelin think that there was ANY real chance of their plan going thru is beyond me...

The race was very disappointing, but the ONLY people at fault were Michelin because they did not prepare properly. Think about it this way: the tires were failing IMMEDIATELY once at speed, so they would have been grossly unsatisfactory even under last year's tire rules. WTF Michelin????

Michelin did not have tires that were safe for the race. Michelin told the 7 teams who run their tires it would not be safe, and made a proposal to the FIA to slow down turn 13 (the corner in which the highest g loads were reached) which would allow the michelin runners to compete in the race. In doing so the michelin runners would give all the points to the teams/drivers from bridgestone.

THe FIA is the reason why the race did not occur. Mosely, Ecclestone and Whiting, who claim all there actions over the last 10 yrs have been to make the cars safer, could not realize that the tires were not fit to race. The race could have been held for the fans, but instead look at the trouble they have created.

Shaun (canada)

scapamouche said:

Yea, I completely agree. After reading various statements the FIA really did the right thing. Safety first.

mx3ownzj00 said:
Yea, I completely agree. After reading various statements the FIA really did the right thing. Safety first.
LOL did you went to indianapolis?? well i went and that sucks all the american formula one fans disapointed and very angry and sad about what happen i was there and we booed michael when he went to the podium that s*** sucks and bye bye US GRAND PRIX for formula one. (protest) (notcool) (rant) :bs: (argh) :mad:

geomatics_tech said:
Michelin did not have tires that were safe for the race. Michelin told the 7 teams who run their tires it would not be safe, and made a proposal to the FIA to slow down turn 13 (the corner in which the highest g loads were reached) which would allow the michelin runners to compete in the race. In doing so the michelin runners would give all the points to the teams/drivers from bridgestone.

THe FIA is the reason why the race did not occur. Mosely, Ecclestone and Whiting, who claim all there actions over the last 10 yrs have been to make the cars safer, could not realize that the tires were not fit to race. The race could have been held for the fans, but instead look at the trouble they have created.

Shaun (canada)

im completely agree with you. but also i think that is the fia fault too because of those stupid new rules that each team need to have one load of tires in the qualification and in the race and cannot change tires that is some unsafe rule so FIA suck.

spike blue said:
LOL did you went to indianapolis?? well i went and that sucks all the american formula one fans disapointed and very angry and sad about what happen i was there and we booed michael when he went to the podium that s*** sucks and bye bye US GRAND PRIX for formula one. (protest) (notcool) (rant) :bs: (argh) :mad:

i have the worst sunburn from that event

INGREXCO said:
i have the worst sunburn from that event

jaja i know , well i was reading in f1live.com and the FIA cited the 7 teams on june 29 and if the FIA finds that is their fault they need to pay 16 million dollars to INDIANAPOLIS to give us the money back , i hope they do that.

carmaniac said:
i went...blah...spent so much money for nothing. Damn Michelin...

damm me too but thanks that i went to chicago and i had fun up there.

spike blue said:
jaja i know , well i was reading in f1live.com and the FIA cited the 7 teams on june 29 and if the FIA finds that is their fault they need to pay 16 million dollars to INDIANAPOLIS to give us the money back , i hope they do that.

I dont think its an issue of the teams paying back the fans, 16 million is peanuts in F1, Im sure they will do it and I hope that they will. Though the cost of the tickets are kinda insignificant compared to what some people payed to fly in, stay at a hotel, take time off work.....

Lets all remember the Senna case, in which he died due to a faulty steering column. The column was considered safe and it killed him, imagine what couldve happened knowing that the tires were not safe and they raced. Senna died in 1994 and the case has been in the courts numerous times and the most recent case ended about a year ago. Nobody wants to put someones life in danger.

I highly doubt that indy will hold another race again, and I dont blame them. I really hope the break away series takes off in 2008, as the FIA and Ferarri will not be involved in it. F1 is the pinnacle of motor racing but is not showing it tight now, though hopefully under new managment it will turn around.

shaun

geomatics_tech said:
I dont think its an issue of the teams paying back the fans, 16 million is peanuts in F1, Im sure they will do it and I hope that they will. Though the cost of the tickets are kinda insignificant compared to what some people payed to fly in, stay at a hotel, take time off work.....

Lets all remember the Senna case, in which he died due to a faulty steering column. The column was considered safe and it killed him, imagine what couldve happened knowing that the tires were not safe and they raced. Senna died in 1994 and the case has been in the courts numerous times and the most recent case ended about a year ago. Nobody wants to put someones life in danger.

I highly doubt that indy will hold another race again, and I dont blame them. I really hope the break away series takes off in 2008, as the FIA and Ferarri will not be involved in it. F1 is the pinnacle of motor racing but is not showing it tight now, though hopefully under new managment it will turn around.

shaun

good to know but well we'll see what happens next week hope they give us the money back and also i hope they make something good to make the american fans happy again , hopefully we can see another true race in france .

If Michelin, btw not a small company and not new to F1, had brought the right tires, there would have been a normal race. That's it! They pushed the envelop way too far (remember the controversy of last year?) and it blew in their faces! If I had to sue someone, the only one who's at faut is indeed Michelin!

Welcome to Formula One.

Michelin didn't bring the right tires (because they didn't bother testing at Indy) and wanted special treatment for being unprepared. They also exaggerated the danger, knowing they'd have a majority of the teams on their side, hoping that would influence the FIA. They were wrong, and the teams who decided not to race made a very poor choice.

As for Senna, he died because he was racing. There's no proof that the steering column failed and caused him to crash. Williams was acquitted in an Italian court...twice...over that matter. Parts fail, tires blowout, and sometimes people die. Risk is a part of racing.

I don't doubt there will be a race at Indy next year. Bernie wants one and he's said so. If the teams come prepared, there's no reason to expect any problem. Will attandance be good, probably not, but there will be a race.

I was there at the race too and was woefully dissapointed. At least my sunburn matched the ferrari apparel I was wearing... I know that if there is a race in Indy next year, I'll still be going. I've gone 5 out of the 6 and am not gonna miss one out of petty protest.

FlyinHawaiian said:
I was there at the race too and was woefully dissapointed. At least my sunburn matched the ferrari apparel I was wearing... I know that if there is a race in Indy next year, I'll still be going. I've gone 5 out of the 6 and am not gonna miss one out of petty protest.

me too i've gone 5 of the 6 races and i will do the same thing hopefully. But i don't think there is 2006 US grand prix

Back