Help with a Window rollup module on Sunroof

djltoronto

:
Mazda 3 Sport
I was wondering if anyone can help me out here...
I have a 4 window roll up module attached to all 4 power windows, and need to figure out a way to hook up a window roll up module to the sunroof..

Does have a wiring diagram for the sunroof? Or better yet, know which wires I can use to make this work?

I want all 4 windows and the sunroof to close when I arm the alarm. The 4 windows are already working, but I can't figure out the sunroof.

I don't know what the wire colors are, but it'll install just like the windows, cut the motor wires and insert module. Once your in there, should be easy to test em, should only be 2 motor wires. Try as best you can to mount the module up in the headliner as close to the motor as possible. I wouldn't run wires down to the module under the dash. It'll provide to much resistance and the sunroof will be pretty slow. But ya still gotta run the trigger wire down the pillar to the alarm.

All i have is that stupid ebay CD manual...pretty much only good for maint issues, not repairs or real info.

Last edited:
The factory service manuals are available, you know.

I better get some reputation points for this...

Attachments

• sunroof.jpg
    sunroof.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 323
gee, an ASE mechanic posting FSM diagrams...who'd a thunk it...lol :)

BTW, how do those rep points work anyway? seems everybody is on *the distinguished road*...whatever the hell that is... (huh)

My mechanic certifications don't have anything to do with fsm diagrams. I bought mine from the dealer, the same as anybody else can.

The rep points don't mean anything, per se. It's just nice to be appreciated and that's about the only way to do it on here.

goldwing2000 said:
The factory service manuals are available, you know.

I better get some reputation points for this...

thanks...
I really appreciate it.

As for rep points... It says I have to spread some around first...

Solo2Protege said:
I don't know what the wire colors are, but it'll install just like the windows, cut the motor wires and insert module. Once your in there, should be easy to test em, should only be 2 motor wires. Try as best you can to mount the module up in the headliner as close to the motor as possible. I wouldn't run wires down to the module under the dash. It'll provide to much resistance and the sunroof will be pretty slow. But ya still gotta run the trigger wire down the pillar to the alarm.

All i have is that stupid ebay CD manual...pretty much only good for maint issues, not repairs or real info.

After reviewing the diagram that Goldwing provided... it doesn't look like this will be a straight forward installation.

I've played with this a bit, but it seems that the sunroof motor will need to be supplied with power at terminal J of the motor, as well as a positive signal at terminal B of the motor.

I tested this, and it will work (diode isolated), but if power is applied to both terminals at the same time, it doesn't work. (Terminal J needs to have power before terminal B).

Anyone have any thoughts/quick fix? (blowup)

Back