My Blown Motor

Protege2K

:
2010 MAZDASPEED3
Well it turned out I blew this thing to high heaven. I've only got two pics of the carnage right now, but from what I was told by the guy who did my engine swap this weekend, is that there are 4 holes total. Yes, count em', four! The first pic is one of the smaller holes, there is one on the bottom of the block that you can fit your hole hand in. One on the front of the block, and not sure where the last one is. I was lucky to not have a blown transmission as well since there was a rod sitting in the transmission housing. You can see the fragments of metal it left behind. He also told me that I folded one of the rods basically in half. So enjoy these two pics for now and I as I have time to remove the turbo kit I will have more pictures of the rest of the damage.

Attachments

• IMG_0972[1].JPG
    IMG_0972[1].JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_0973[1].JPG
    IMG_0973[1].JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 269
Just to add, I have a few parts leftover from the engine. I have a complete engine harness that has not been cut, as well as the MP3 intake mani. Just in case anyone is interested.

Welcome to the "snapped the number 4 rod" club :)

Are you parting out or what is the story? I may want a couple of minor pieces off of the motor (like the thermostat housing and water jacket lines)

To save myself lots of trouble I bought a complete longblock since I found one for an excellent price. So I have some parts I can take off but no accessories. I'll let you know what I have probably by the end of this week beginning next of next week.

But just out of my curiosity and need. Do you have a 1st cat laying around that you want to part with? Perhaps we can figure out some sort of trade.

I think Topher was looking for a mp3 intake mani..

Back