Anyone smell antifreeze???

Hi All,

Anyone smell antifreeze coming from thier engine? My 2.3L stinks like antifreeze after I drive it on days 70F+, I only notice it when I get out of the car. But my coolant level is just fine. My Kia did basically the exact same thing off-and-on. Weird, I just hope it goes away cuz I hate the smell (blarf) !!!

Hmmm... I have been smelling antifeeze lately but I just assumed is was one of the pos beaters driving near me. (scratch)

Maybe I'll pay closer attention, now.

Every now and again I'll get a brief whiff of an anti-freeze type of smell. Have no idea where it might be coming from though, as I can see no leaks. And it doesn't happen all the time. (werd)

even though i have a MSP, i too smell a faint antifreeze coming from the engine!!!!! took it to mazda to replace the hose they "thought" was causing the problem yea........it still smells so, i dont know what it could be....good luck!

MSP#735 said:
even though i have a MSP, i too smell a faint antifreeze coming from the engine!!!!! took it to mazda to replace the hose they "thought" was causing the problem yea........it still smells so, i dont know what it could be....good luck!

Unfortunately, it's common on the MSP. The coolant line to the turbo has a tendency to leak.

Back