Rock chips on the car

Fede_italiano

Contributor
:
2003.5 Mazda Protege' MazdaSpeed
Hello guys,

In the last two weeks I went to Chicago and Toronto with the Speed to see how well she is doing.
The trip was good apart for a faulty mass air flow sensor.

Today I finally washed the car and I was shocked: the front of the car has at least 20 small dings ranging from the lip, to the hood.

I was very disappointed because I just bought the car and I did not it anything hard on the highway.

It never happened to me to see this many chips. I guess I will go to get an estimate to repaint it and I am going to put the 3M invisible protector.

Have do you guys deal with this problem?

Thanks

You will very quickly find that one of the bad things about owning a Protege is the quality of the paint. I doubt that all of those chips came from just those trips, though. If they did, you're following waaay too close. :D

Pretzellogic said:
You will very quickly find that one of the bad things about owning a Protege is the quality of the paint. I doubt that all of those chips came from just those trips, though. If they did, you're following waaay too close. :D
Just from those 2 trips.

Maybe i was following to close but i do not think so.

Just going in groups.

I will see hot to protect it better because I looks like crap.

yea i have the same thing, first i thought it was just going too fast (which was one part of it lol) but yea the paint sucks, just like nissans.

Yeah, this ISN'T Mazda specific. To tell you the truth, Ford seems to have quality paint. But if you think your protege is bad, look at the Dodge Neon. My last shop had 4 of those pieces of s***, and every damn one of them started peeling exactly 13 months after we got them new. You could actuall pull off huge pieces of paint.

mspdfreak said:
Yeah, this ISN'T Mazda specific. To tell you the truth, Ford seems to have quality paint. But if you think your protege is bad, look at the Dodge Neon. My last shop had 4 of those pieces of s***, and every damn one of them started peeling exactly 13 months after we got them new. You could actuall pull off huge pieces of paint.

I was just surprised because I am form Italy and it never happened to me, not even whan i was going t at 120 mph for a 3 -4 hours drive.

I will probabli repaint hood, and front and spend money on the 3M instead of buying xenon kit, gauges,..etc

Thanks guys

mspdfreak said:
Yep, that 3M stuff is good, but their website says to have it done professionally.

oh yes. I will not be able to do it.

AHHHHH

I am so upset about the paint.

Fede_italiano said:
oh yes. I will not be able to do it.

AHHHHH

I am so upset about the paint.

Guys if I try to use the original touch up paint,
do you know were I can find it in internet and do you know the code for titanium msp.

Thanks again

dont use touch up, never looks good, the code for the paint should be on the sticker on the left driver side door, on the inside door panel, so if your sitting in the drivers seat with you feet out the door, look left and down, there should be a sticker with the color number. I would just get it repainted if your real upset with it b/c this will always happen unless you repaint

Back