O/D Light flashing + CEL

Nutari

Contributor
:
2010 Mazdaspeed3
Ok.. the first time.. I was like.. whater.. but it happened again tonight..

driving normally.. cruising.

hard lurch.. OD light starts flashing and CEL comes on..

car doesnt really shift out of 2nd after that..

turn car off.. OD light goes off..

next day.. its fine..

tonight.. left my car off for 1/2 hour. CEL turns off.

WTF is going on?

ATF is fine.. not burnt.. at the right levels.

if it is what i am thinking your tranny is shot.....the 626 would flash the light and give you a cel when it was done too....i hope i am wrong though....:(

pro5utah said:
if it is what i am thinking your tranny is shot.....the 626 would flash the light and give you a cel when it was done too....i hope i am wrong though....:(
yeah.. my gf has a 626.. it was doing this also..

****.. ok.. it seems this is happening EVERY ******* time my car sits for a couple of hours..

starts up.. runs for a couple of minutes.. then small lurch + OD light flashing + CEL on.

******* lame.

Lord_Zath said:
sounds like transmission? Bad tranny fluid perhaps?
What would be 'bad'? Burnt? It doesnt smell burnt.. just changed the ATF recently..

-=UPDATE=- This is happening everything I start the car from a cold start...

no lurching.. just OD light flashing and CEL comes on..

Have you tried switching OD off and then going?

If it's happening from a cold start, remember the tranny fluid is also cold. So perhaps it's actually because the wrong tranny fluid was put in? Or perhaps it's not the right stuff?

Wait, did you put in synthetic fluid? I think synthetic is supposed to be thinner oil, so perhaps the fluid isn't getting to the tranny quick enough. Maybe a problem w/the tranny fluid pump (if there is such a thing)? Or tranny fluid filter clogged?

Just throwin out ideas...

Lord_Zath said:
Have you tried switching OD off and then going?

If it's happening from a cold start, remember the tranny fluid is also cold. So perhaps it's actually because the wrong tranny fluid was put in? Or perhaps it's not the right stuff?

Wait, did you put in synthetic fluid? I think synthetic is supposed to be thinner oil, so perhaps the fluid isn't getting to the tranny quick enough. Maybe a problem w/the tranny fluid pump (if there is such a thing)? Or tranny fluid filter clogged?

Just throwin out ideas...

ok.. when I changed it, I used generic dex III atf fluid . Bought a tranny kit (Filter + Gasket) and 6 qts of ATF. At the time, I didnt know bout the 3 qts in the torque converter.. I just drained the ATF pan.. changed the filter, and the gasket, put it all back together, refilled and that was all.

no problems.. that was a few months ago. Just recently.. when I installed my AWR front mount.. all this started happening... hmm..

I should go look over everything.. maybe I forgot to plug something back in...

or maybe the two times I went down and raced my car caused the tranny to die? No.. I dont think so.. its been a while since I last raced...

Lord_Zath said:
hmm dunno. Have you tried taking it in to a dealer or at least a transmission place to have it looked at?
Cant afford that right now plus I have no time. Work has been hectic... need to do all this on a day off..

Update

Finally got the code pulled.

P0715

according to the guys code reader, Turbine Speed Sensor Malfunction.

... anyone know what that means?

Nutari said:
Finally got the code pulled.

P0715

according to the guys code reader, Turbine Speed Sensor Malfunction.

... anyone know what that means?
(bump)

Back